Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love butterflies and my neighbor has this gorgeous flowering sebum that attracts them so I went over a couple weeks ago with my camera and got some pictures of the action.
Oh by the way, I now have a baby flowering sebum that my sweet neighbor gave to me so I am hoping that I don't kill it and it flowers next summer so I can have my own butterfly show...:chili:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Those pictures are gorgeous!!

I'm sure your plant will thrive and that you'll have a butterfly show in your own yard in no time :D

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Breathtaking. :wub::wub: I love butterflies.They just make me smile. :Sunny Smile: I've gone to the Botanical Gardens here where they have butterfly rooms. They seem to love my red hair because they come right over and lit on my head.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow those are amazing pictures! Thank you so much for sharing! I would love to have a butterfly garden one day.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I've had a butterfly garden before. One time I went to the garden store near me and visited some of the plants that were blooming there. A butterfly sat on my finger for ever so long. THen I placed him on my daughter's shoulder. She was little at the time and squealed with delight......and the butterfly stayed until she walked away. We never had a lot of luck with hummingbirds though.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Those pictures are gorgeous!! I love the pink delicate flowers and the colorful butterfly. I myself is a little scared of butterflies...because they're look so..delicate and fragile..and fleeting...

I've had a butterfly garden before. One time I went to the garden store near me and visited some of the plants that were blooming there. A butterfly sat on my finger for ever so long. THen I placed him on my daughter's shoulder. She was little at the time and squealed with delight......and the butterfly stayed until she walked away. We never had a lot of luck with hummingbirds though.
Aw what a cute story :wub: I can totally picture the happiness and the giggling :wub:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Breathtaking. :wub::wub: I love butterflies.They just make me smile. :Sunny Smile: I've gone to the Botanical Gardens here where they have butterfly rooms. They seem to love my red hair because they come right over and lit on my head.:HistericalSmiley:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I love it when they do that. Mine is also red, and the come right to me. It's always been that way. I even have a picture of me about 10 or so with 3 or 4 butterflies on my shirt, around my shoulder neck area.

Very pretty butterflies. Thanks so much for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Gorgeous photos. We have a butterfly garden at our zoo, I really enjoy it. Good luck with your flowering sebum, I will be looking forward to your butterfly garden next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts