Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our bed is over waist high. Every time I am in the bedroom, Puddles sits at the bottom and barks, waiting for me to lift him up. I have sat him up there as many as 6 times a morning while getting ready for work. He has no problem jumping down (even if I don't like it fearing of breaking a leg).

Any one have high beds? What kind of set up do you have that allows your fur ball to get on the bed alone?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i have the same prob...right now i am using a card board box w/ a blanket on it until my hubby builds a step
which might be never lol!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am using the steps that go to my "Firm" workout. It works perfectly for our bed!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jan 2 2005, 09:56 PM
I am using the steps that go to my "Firm" workout. It works perfectly for our bed!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26985
[/QUOTE]
i guess brink is getting a good workout!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
We have an upholstered bench at the end of the bed. Our bichon hops up there first and then to the bed. The Maltese girls aren't jumping up on anything - yet.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
we got stairs from www.petstairs.net

they basically got that green foam from Joannes or whatever fabric store and made steps. you could do it yourself and make 3 or 4 steps. it'd be expsensive...that green foam costs a lot.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I had this chair by my bed, but cloud won't use it.
It's funny when he doesn't jump high enough. Maybe we"ll remove the box mattress since Cloud has bad knees.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We have a really high sleigh bed and I bought a cheap step stool from Lowe's and it works just fine for the dogs. It has two steps to get up. Josie does not use it anymore after having her babies, which is okay because of her knees but Pudge and the rest of the gang have no problem with it...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Jan 3 2005, 12:50 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2005, 12:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nichole
@Jan 3 2005, 01:33 PM
We have a high bed too (I am 5'8" and the bed come up to my chest). 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27139

how do YOU get into the bed???
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27147

[/QUOTE]
LOL If I take a running jump I can get into it, otherwise I have to use the little steps on the side. My husband puts his foot between on the boxspring and uses that as a step.

The bed is higher than my kitchen counter and when we have company, people are always wanting to see if they can get in the bed without using the step. LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27154
[/B][/QUOTE]

Dang that is a high bed!

My bed is about 32 inches high. Lexi prefers to sleep in her bed and is not afraid of jumping off the bed to get to her bed. For that reason she is not allowed on the bed. I was thinking of making steps but decided against it for now. I'm just too afraid of her jumping off and getting hurt. It is just easier to not allow her up on the bed.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by 2happymalts@Jan 3 2005, 01:51 PM
We have a really high sleigh bed and I bought a cheap step stool from Lowe's and it works just fine for the dogs. It has two steps to get up. Josie does not use it anymore after having her babies, which is okay because of her knees but Pudge and the rest of the gang have no problem with it...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27156
[/QUOTE]
what is it made of? how much was it? how high is it? sorry for the questions...sounds like something i need instead of waiting for hubby to build on

·
Banned
258 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Jan 3 2005, 01:50 PM
LOL If I take a running jump I can get into it, otherwise I have to use the little steps on the side.  My husband puts his foot between on the boxspring and uses that as a step. 

The bed is higher than my kitchen counter and when we have company, people are always wanting to see if they can get in the bed without using the step.  LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27154
[/QUOTE]

LOL... what a concept!

what's the point of having such a high bed? seems to defeat the purpose... what am i missing here???

·
Registered
323 Posts
The stool is made of plastic and it is about 2 to 2 1/2 feet tall total and there are two steps and the third jump is on the bed. I know I kept looking on the internet for some to buy and just could not find anything. It only cost like $12-13 so it was a cheap trial and it worked...I would still like my hubby to build a ramp so Josie could get up, that girl gives me my exercise getting in and out of bed at night for her whims of when she needs to jump off to check something out and then can't get back up... ughhhh
got to love her

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by 2happymalts@Jan 3 2005, 06:29 PM
The stool is made of plastic and it is about 2 to 2 1/2 feet tall total and there are two steps and the third jump is on the bed. I know I kept looking on the internet for some to buy and just could not find anything. It only cost like $12-13 so it was a cheap trial and it worked...I would still like my hubby to build a ramp so Josie could get up, that girl gives me my exercise getting in and out of bed at night for her whims of when she needs to jump off to check something out and then can't get back up... ughhhh
got to love her 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27233
[/QUOTE]
thats just what i need...i figure i can cover it if it doesnt look astheticly pleasing. thanks

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts