Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.... I feel like it's been forever since I've been on the forum, and it actually has been.... I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my baby girl. Alexis Shea. She was born on May 7th and weighed 6 lbs 6 oz and was born with a headful of black hair! She is beautiful. :wub:

Roxie and Ruby do great with her. They wake up every morning and go look for her. They are such good dogs I don't think I could have asked for anything to go more smoothly. The only problem we thought we would face was Roxie's excessive barking but bought one of those high pitched frequency things to set next to the front door and that worked out perfect. She still barks, just not as much. :thumbsup:

I do have a question for everyone though. Both the girls are staining terribly. :unsure: I have never had a problem with it and if I did I knew what it was that caused it and changed it. Well this started about the time the baby came home. Nothing besides the baby has changed (food, water, laundry detergent, etc.). Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? I'm starting to think maybe this big change was so stressful that it caused it. Is that possible?

Anyway here are some pictures for you all. Enjoy! Good to be back!
2 days old and leaving the hospital
DSC04980.jpg

Mama and daddy leaving hospital with the peanut
DSC04984.jpg

Ruby keeping watch of her baby (actually didn't let Roxie near her - we stopped that behavior real fast! :blink:
DSCN0244.jpg

Roxie and Ruby taking a break from playing underneath the baby's crib :HistericalSmiley: they get under there and go off playing - so funny
DSCN0358.jpg

My little baby at 7 weeks old..... She is the love of my life!
DSCN0419.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Welcome back..........love your new addition! I know you are so happy about that little doll!!! Glad the babies like her too!!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
So happy to see you again:chili::chili: Alexis Shea is gorgeous. What a head of hair!! And she was born on my son's birth date (just 20 years laterLOL). Watch out -- I call DS Taurus the Bullheaded. He's always been very headstrong, determined and stubborn.:w00t: I blame it on his astrological sign.:HistericalSmiley:
The two R's are as adorable as ever. Love the shot on the couch and also the one under the crib. So glad they're happy together.
Not sure about the tear staining. Maybe with the birth of the baby you weren't washing them up as much as you had been? Was someone else caring for them when you were delivering? Once the problem starts it's hard to get it back to normal. I know I was incapable of doing anything other than tending to my baby when he was born. Could barely get a shower in. :w00t: Don't know if stress can cause it but never heard of that. I'll leave it to others.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Congrats, she's beautiful:wub: I'm so glad the fluffs are doing well with her, Matilda never gets staining, but has three times in her life and each time it was stress related.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Beautiful baby! She certainly does have a head of hair. :)
The staining might be stress due to your new schedule.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Congratulations!!! Alexis is beautiful!!! Your babies look adorable also! I think it's stress. Almost all my friends with a newborn baby have dogs that experience staining or gastritis or some other problem due to the baby coming in.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:blush: Enjoyed all your pictures... Congratulations for your beautiful baby... I am sure she is enjoying seeing white fluffs walking all around. :blink:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Alexis certainly is a beautiful little baby!!.. and yes!!! what a head of full of hair she has...so cute!

I read once that "ph" could be a cause of staining. ( don't know if it's true for sure)... and also know that stress CAN indeed change the Ph...at least in humans, so seems reasonable in doggies too. 'Connecting the dots', it seems very possible that is the problem.

Loved all the photos...especially love the one of your two 'imps' peeking out from under the crib!

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, Alexis Shea is gorgeous. You now have 3 beautiful girls. The pictures are wonderful.
xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Alexis is beautiful, congratulations on your new daughter. :)

I think bringing the baby home caused Ruby & Roxie to stress out and caused the tear staining...stress can cause their bodies to go out of whack and in time they should adjust well. :) Also, pollen has been horrible this year and May is about when it really started (at least here) so they may have some seasonal allergies that can contribute to the tear staining.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
what a beautiful little girl! I love the picture of the R's creeping out from under the crib - its darling and 100% frameworthy!

I am pretty sure the staining is probably from stress - if you start taking care of it now it will likely fade and if they are adjusting to Alexis being home it might go away. That would be my guess if they have never had staining before and it appears right around the time Alexis came home.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Your daughter is perfect and just so beautiful! Congratulations!!

I'd say the staining is probably due to stress as well. Ruby and Roxie are adorable!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts