Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of us that are married or have boyfriends and sleep w our fluffs... when u get intimate do u leave the fluff in the room? ive been having this issue and i dont know what to do ? i feel like dolce is a baby and shouldnt be there ... lol :blush:

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Ummmm, let me see if I can remember back that far. :) No, they would not be in the room. Nothing like busting up the mood with Annie's (the pug) snorting. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well dolce sleeps with us , and he gets curious , and wants to see whats going on , and then if i put him on floor he barks to get up , if i take him out of the room he barks and scratches the door like a cat , ummm mood killer much !! so what do i do ?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Can't help you much hear as Aolani has opted to sleep in another room anyway. I think in your other thread someone suggested to put doggie steps next to your bed so that he can climp on and off it at his leisure. Maybe this will also encourage him to not sleep on the bed the whole night. You may have to wean him off the bed gradually, but I am writing this from my own perspective as a person that does not sleep with her dog though I do sometimes bring him up in the mornings to snuggle for a bit. Hope others in your same situation can have better suggestions for you.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
i would put him in a crate somewhere, honestly. Get him used to it before just kicking out when you want him to not be there. Maybe in your kids room?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Maybe you could bribe Dolce with a really good chew toy so he will be quiet and chew on the floor or outside your room while you need some alone (well, not ALONE, but when Dolce isn't invited!) time. :) That's what we do when we are doing something and really don't want Dora to ring the bell to go potty. Doesn't apply to intimate time though since she isn't allowed in our room, but I'm sure it would work if we needed it for that.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Mmmm....well you could try giving him a kong filled with some nice tasty canned liver. Freeze it first...Rocky could do that for at least a half hour. Or a nice big twisted bully bone. Rocky doesn't sleep with us, so we don't have that issue, he prefers to sleep in the living room on the sectional facing the front door. I think he feels like he has to protect us.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
The dogs are either in their crates or we shut the door with them outside of our bedroom. Sometimes they bark when we keep them out but we just ignore it. Lol

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my boyfriend doesnt stay over everyday hehe so i guess i can try the kong or the chewy and leave him in the kids room ,... i was just wondering what all the other fluff parents do

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
wellllll

I leave them downstairs in their crate. Once the action is over, I go and bring them up. Hubbie cannot get close to me when they are around. They manage the squeeze in between us :smilie_tischkante::smilie_tischkante: they are very spoiled and luck hubbie loves them a lot!!!:chili::chili: my kids were not that lucky:blush:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
LOL, I kick Sophie out, give her a Himalayan chew, and close the door. :HistericalSmiley: She hangs out in front of the door, happily chewing away. Oh, my, I can't imagine Sophie watching. Eek, her virgin eyes!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
:HistericalSmiley: Ok, we kick them out of the bed and they stay in their beds. Whisper, on the other hand, barks her raspy little bark. We have locked them out of the bedroom as well. He will eventually catch on when you are "entertaining".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts