Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out of commission for a while,since Amber and Emily went to heaven.. We left for Florida and being on the go helped keep our minds busy..Now we're home and it's hard not seeing them..
Sassy is holding on, she's slowing,.to be expected,she's 15 years old with CHF..thankfully she's lived longer than expected..
She's lucky to still be with us with her health.
She had a hard time after Amber and Emily died,she would howl if we left her..even just to go outside to get the mail...I never heard her do that..just a rare bark..
We got out blankets with the dogs' scent and that helped..
She grieved harder than we expected.
She's got our full attention now and we're thinking of rescuing a fluff..It's lonely..
Sassy was badly abused before we got her so she's not a cuddler, not much of a kisser....Sometimes she will tolerate being held, but not like our furbabies..they loved being held and gave oodles of kissies..
Right now,she is enjoying all the extra attention ,so we don't want to upset her world.
She's at the max of her meds, has her good days and bad days..
It helps having another fluff to get you through the grief..we just don't want to do anything that could take away from Sassy's time left..

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
Michelle, it's so good to see your post. Sweetness and Tessa are both 12 and while they're both in good health, I know that won't last forever. Sending you hugs!

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Michelle

Glad you are back on. It is so hard, but we go on. Wishing you, sassy, and Al the best

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Yep, we are here to---same msg. as above!

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I'm sorry to read of the sadness in your family. Poor Sassy..I wish we could explain to them why their friends are gone. Madison is 12.5 years and Axel is almost 12. I am thankful that they are still healthy; but I still worry about a time when they aren't Sending hugs to you all.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Michelle, Thank you for updating us. Its been far too long sine we had heard from you. All of us miss you so much please know you are in our hearts and prayers. Life has hills and valleys - I'm praying those valleys will end for you very soon. Tender hugs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts