Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who've I met thru this site. Those of you who need to get a hold of me, know how to outside of this forum. Joe, you've got a great place here...I hope it continues to flourish. I need to break off from this forum...it's just not quite for me I am afraid. I wish you all good luck w/ your Malt babies...

and for those who continue to post under that other topic..know that I am not going back to check it...so you can say what you want....I'm off to find another malt forum...wish me luck!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Whats going on here!! Everyone fighting again??? I dont get it... I think i missed that thread...
noooo fighting plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
What a childish behavior. You asked for opinions. You got them. Did you really think that you are going to hear only what you like ? If you think that by going to another maltese forum to ask opinions you are going to hear only what you like, you are dreaming. And if you think the answers here were rude, you just might get a weake up call. Why are people so susceptible ??

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Gosh, this reminds me of when Vita left us.......we have 13 forum categories to post in and she got offended over people posting their experience and opinions of another forum in ONE of the categories and left SM. All she had to do was click out of the thread that offended her and ignore it. There is much, much more on the forum to get involved in.

Triste, I am very sorry to see you leave. You opened a topic that produced some lively discussion and revealed a lot of information about schools, teachers kids and their parents. Many of us are no longer in the education loop, having grown children and I found the thread very interesting. The category you posted in is called "Anything Goes", you asked for opinions and now you're leaving because you didn't like some of the opinions you received. Plus, these people took the time to read and respond to your request and you seem to be leaving in a huff in spite of the evidence that many on this site do support your own opinion.

The appeal of this site and this forum is that we are self-regulating but there is still a broad cross-section of people on the forum in terms of lifestyle, race, jobs, geography, etc. So you are likely to tap into anything when you post a topic like yours asking for opinions. You just need to expect that, be prepared and take the chaff with the wheat. It is sooooo difficult to have a discussion on touchy issues in this medium because you can't see body language and different sections of the country have different ways of expressing themselves which can lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

I hope you reconsider. And I believe I am not alone in saying that.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Exactly my point. You don't leave a forum because you have been annoyed by a couple of people. What about the other ones ? I don't have any children in school anymore and am sure glad about that. But this has been very instructive. The only thing nowadays I know about school is what I read in the newspaper. And frankly I don't always agree with the way school boards and teacher's handle some situations. Sometimes it seems that they have lost all common sense. On the other hand, I admire people who go in to teaching especially today with all what is going on.

Triste the school year is almost over, is he going to have that same teacher next year ? I know as a parent you don't like to change your kids school. But sometimes you don't have a choice. And it is the only solution left. I would not worry too much about your kid not adjusting to a change, my daughter went to a few different schools (due to traveling) and it has never affected her. On the contrary I think it made her stronger and more open minded.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
your gonna leave over a topic that has nothing to do with our babies????

I try not to talk about sensive issues... like religion... etc... it creates problems... i'm not a debater.

·
Registered
707 Posts
This is very sad. I read the other post and I just can't believe the lack of respect that people have towards one another. Triste, please don't leave over this. We have enjoyed your post and feedback for way too long and I really hate to see you leave over this. Just ignore those people that have disrespected you...it's not worth it!

People, we're all adults here and there's no need to disrespect each other. Think before you reply and re-read what you are writing...this is the reason why I haven't been coming to this site as often as I did...this makes me sick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts