Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a no brainer but if nothing else I guess I need to vent. Belle just turned 15 mos. I feel she has earned the privilege of limited freedom for short periods of time. If she becomes really quiet I immediately check on her. Now to the problem. My husband insists that she is doing what she should not and he is not responsible for keeping the wood kindling where she can't select a piece and start chewing and eating it. He points out that when I put her on my bed at night before I get back in there once in a blue moon she will take a small stuffed bear my sister gave me that I keep in my headboard. I believe that even though she knows she is wrong these things should be put where she can't get to them. It is just too tempting for her. The kindling is a real health issue as she does ingest small pieces of the wood. He has reluctantly said he will try to remember to put it up. I know the obvious answer is to make sure it is up myself before I let her out of her xpen. I just think if he really loves her as much as he usually shows he would be more careful and not accuse Belle of being a badly behaving dog. Sorrry so long. Should I come down harder on Belle. Right now I just remove it and remind her it is a "no".

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm definately on your side! At 15 months, Belle has earned the right to roam free in your house. You just have to puppy-proof your home just like you would for a small child. Kindling and stuffed animals are big temptations.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Are all men alike? :new_Eyecrazy: My husband leaves things laying around, I have to go behind him,picking up everything. I also worry about Matilda eating something she shouldn"t.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.