Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to share some wonderful news with you all. My eldest son, Lyman, was accepted at Cornell University today! I am so proud I am bursting because he has worked so hard the last two years at his present college to maintain a full load, keep a 4.0, serve on seven committees and for the last year served at Student Senate President. He will be the first member of our family to attend an Ivy League college since his grandfather graduated from Princeton. I only wish that his father and his grandfather were alive to share this with us. I'm attaching pictures of him at two recent award events where he was awarded Student Leadership awards. He is majoring in Economic Policy and minoring in math. Thanks for letting me share this. I'm bursting with pride. :chili:

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congratulations! Your son's achievement is a reflection of not only his gift and hard work, but the wonderful academic base you must have provided him. What a great Mother's Day for you this year!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Great job, Lyman!

I can only imagine how proud you are of your son -- he has done a wonderful job academically and I'm sure he will do great things in his lifetime. :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
that is awesome ! way to go mom , cause he needed u to make this happen !

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
That is wonderful Kim!! I know you are so PROUD!! Congratulations to Lyman!!

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Kim I am so happy for you and Lyman. I know how hard he has worked and he is so deserving. Congrats to you both! It is such a shame that his father and grandfather cannot be around to share Lyman's accomplishments. I know Bill feels like a proud father for them. Congrats again g/f.

**We toasted Lyman at dinner tonight.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Congratulations to Lyman and to you too Kim (he couldn't have done it without you!)! Lyman's future can only hold wonderful opportunities! What a truly amazing accomplishment! Hugs!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Congrats to Lyman!!! He is definitely someone I look up to and he's really cute (tee hee)! :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Congratulations! What a wonderful future ahead for him. I am so happy and you must be so proud. Good job done Mama!

·
Banned
242 Posts
Fioina, Lyman could not of done this without you! Congrats mama! You done swell! I am ready to ring my sons neck. He is a senior and gave up a a full ride scholarship to Yale for u of Marylandland in Collegetown in Baltimore because it is a divsion 1 school for Basketball! I would of killed to have the brains to attend an Ivy league or seven sister school! HUgs to you!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Congratulations!!!! This is an amazing achievement, what a wonderful school- you have every right to be so proud!! wishing your son continued success!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts