Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little snowy is growing up. :wub:

A couple of things -

- He's still a baby of course but yesterday I noticed how his fur is getting longer and is sort of wanting to part down the middle of his back now. It made me melt and also think of those grooming expenses though - hee, hee.

- He still looks like a little cloud puff when he's up and about but now he's more and more responsive to different things like when you call him, even when he's doing something you initially think is too interesting to summon him away from...although these moments usually involve treats LOL - or when I give him a treat but ask him to wait patiently, he's not all jumpy jump anymore but most of the times when asked to do so, he'll sit and wait. It just makes me weak at the knees looking at the little critter staring at me in a sitting position and waiting.

- His nipping is way less
- For the first time last night, I didn't actually close the crate door so he didn't have to wake me up to let him go potty. I was happy to have seen that my trust in him wasn't wishful thinking as he just took care of business throughout the night and we all awoke much happier and rested. OK so the poopy was'nt ENTIRELY on the wee-wee pad :whistle:but hey, I'll take it as an accomplishment anyway - (does anyone else's puppy do that btw? live on the edge? like pee right at the border of the pad? it drives me crazy sometimes)

And this is one of my favorites - he seems like he's really bonding.
He's so eager to say hello, good-bye, goodmorning, goodnight, to everyone in the house but especially.....ME...hee, hee. I get lots of puppy hugs and kisses when I walk through the door and he also walks me to the door when I'm ready to leave in the morning. He's really coming along....I think.....LOL

I'm sure everyone on here has had some puppy insecurities at one time or another but also remembers fondly and greatly cherishes memories of puppy milestones. Tell me about them and how it's been reassuring for you.

Have a great day everyone.:Sunny Smile:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Catherine it is so wonderful to remember just the small things that make our fluffs so special. I think we tend to forget or overlook the small accomplishments, waiting for "the big one" but there are so many things to be thankful for that we should look for things like you mentioned...the ahhh(sigh) moments. Makes me wish I got Tyler when he was younger than 8 months but then some of the baby stuff (sleepless nights) not so much.
Yes, tyler sometimes likes to live on the edge. I think a lot of times he's on the pad to poop but then can't quite leave his load there and it ends up really close to the pad but just off it. Trying to work on it but it does happen. The worst is when it gets stuck on his hair and then he "brings it to me" :w00t::w00t: with this look that says, "Something's following me. Get it off, get it off!!" Ah those moments:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Catherine it is so wonderful to remember just the small things that make our fluffs so special. I think we tend to forget or overlook the small accomplishments, waiting for "the big one" but there are so many things to be thankful for that we should look for things like you mentioned...the ahhh(sigh) moments. Makes me wish I got Tyler when he was younger than 8 months but then some of the baby stuff (sleepless nights) not so much.
Yes, tyler sometimes likes to live on the edge. I think a lot of times he's on the pad to poop but then can't quite leave his load there and it ends up really close to the pad but just off it. Trying to work on it but it does happen. The worst is when it gets stuck on his hair and then he "brings it to me" :w00t::w00t: with this look that says, "Something's following me. Get it off, get it off!!" Ah those moments:)

:HistericalSmiley:That is too funny. Glad for me (not you of course) that Snowy's not the only one. I sometimes reposition him but that can't be a great tactic right? I mean would I like someone repositioning me while I'm pottying?!?!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:HistericalSmiley:That is too funny. Glad for me (not you of course) that Snowy's not the only one. I sometimes reposition him but that can't be a great tactic right? I mean would I like someone repositioning me while I'm pottying?!?!
It's enough when my family bangs on the door with a "Are you done in there yet?" :new_shocked::new_shocked: :smrofl:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts

dolce lives on the edge too n yes it drives me crazy , and ive repositioned too n he looks at me like hey im not finished ..lmao..

i understand about them growing up and us remembering those special moments and now seeing them as little teens ,lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts