Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella got into my stomach RX medication and ate one. I was terrified. I didn't realize it until about a half hour later when I found a part of the capsule!!! I called the vet immediately and was crying my eyes out. All I could think was "Lord, i am not ready to lose another dog'. Well, the tech came back on the line and said she should be ok because it is a cross over drug!!! I was so relieved. I think she thought I was cuckoo cuz I was crying and saying: " are you sure, are you sure". She was so kind and reassuring. I am so grateful.

Please watch your fluffs if any of you are on meds......it happened so innocently and fast. I just had to share this. I am so thankful.
:smheat: :yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh I can sure understand your fears! It's pretty scarey when thry get into any human meds!
So glad all is well for your little Bella!

I am always fearful one of my squirts will get a med my husband is on... he has been known to drop one from time to time and though immediately looks for it... sometimes one of the squirts is right under the table and could scoff it up in no time! We do have a 'system' to try to prevent this but ya never know!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
:smheat: Whew, Elizabeth it is good news that the meds won't hurt Bella. Maybe you need child proof tops. ;) Thanks for the warning...I think somethimes we get a little complacent and accidents can happen. Try to feel better, she will be fine....as per the vet.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I am so happy to hear that it was a cross over drug. What a scare!! Thank goodness it was nothing serious.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (CeeCee's Mom @ Feb 16 2009, 12:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727903
Thank God Elizabeth~I think Bella is just darling and I am so glad she is going to be okay. Are you okay?[/B]
I am okay. Just triggered memories of losing Annie. And just within the last week I have completely bonded with myy Bella. It took awhile, my heart was so hurt. Thank-you to ALL of you. This forum of friends is a God send!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Whew :smheat:

So glad to hear Bella is going to be okay.

I hate when they scare us like that. :grouphug:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Take some deep breaths Elizabeth. I know how terrifying that would have been. Thankfully the med was harmless. I'm always terrified my father will drop one of his meds when one or both of my fluffs are at their house. It just happens. And they can be so darned quick because if you drop it, it must be food in thier eyes. lol Hug Bella, have some tea and maybe a cookie? Ok...so I self medicate with food. :rolleyes: It could be worse. :p Sending you hugs filled with peace and love. :grouphug:

Bella is so darned adorable. I could just scoop her up right through the computer screen! :tender:

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Oh, no, I am so glad Bella is okay. But, I can certainly identify. My hubby takes several meds a day and is always so careful about it.

Well, one day last week little Annie comes running up to me, stops, spits a teeny tiny pill out at my feet, and prances away. I almost dropped dead right there! I picked it up and praise God it wasn't even wet - it was still a dry pristine pill, thank God who was watching over her! Of course, I read hubby the riot act and I think he was more upset than I was. I honestly don't know what I would have done had something happened to Annie because of this pill. She's been through so much already in her short life, it would have devastated me.

These things happen sometimes no matter how careful we are. And, Annie finds everything and anything on the floor and pop in her mouth it goes. I really believe it was a miracle the way it all happened.

Linda

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Oh my gosh Elizabeth ... that's so scary! This is one of my biggest fears - that one of the Ts will somehow get into our meds, or I will drop a pill on the floor and not notice. Thank goodness little Bella is okay! I know you were scared - I would have been hysterical on the phone with the vet.

I just have to tell you how smitten I am with sweet little Bella ... she is just such a doll-baby. It sure would be nice to see more photos of her (Hinty McHint). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh Elizabeth :grouphug: Like Pat said, thanks so much for the reminder...these little ones are so quick and always have the most interest in what they shouldn't.

Hubby, is always coming behind me, zipping up my purse...even if it's on top of a table...ooooh these little ones.

We always close the laundry room door behind us...and 4 out of 5 of our babies, we have mistakenly shut the door, with the little ones still in the laundry room. We normally do a head count..when it's just a wee to quiet..and by gosh, there would be Flakey, or Tina Marie, or Kara, and now poor Mia, still in the laundry room :(. Not sure why none of them every let us know we did that..not a peep out of them. We have yet to do it to Leo...stay tuned :grouphug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bella got into my stomach RX medication and ate one. I was terrified. I didn't realize it until about a half hour later when I found a part of the capsule!!! I called the vet immediately and was crying my eyes out. All I could think was "Lord, i am not ready to lose another dog'. Well, the tech came back on the line and said she should be ok because it is a cross over drug!!! I was so relieved. I think she thought I was cuckoo cuz I was crying and saying: " are you sure, are you sure". She was so kind and reassuring. I am so grateful.

Please watch your fluffs if any of you are on meds......it happened so innocently and fast. I just had to share this. I am so thankful.
:smheat: :yahoo:
I know this was so long ago but I was online after I lost my baby girl unexpectedly and stopped in complete awe because your photo of your dog here looked just like my baby I recently lost. My poor male dog is devastated and needs a new friend. Did you use a breeder for this dog that is still producing puppies? I'm devastated after losing my girl and the hole left behind is just too large to leave empty so we are looking for a companion and puppy to spoil and love. If you have a recommendation I'd be eternally grateful

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. {{{{}}}} I am pretty sure the breeder is retired. She mentioned the name in an early post, Dolce Maltese in MN, but the breeder's website seems to have been gone for a while. Have you looked at the American Maltese Association website for breeders who are members? Someone here also mentioned a Facebook group for show breeders to post available puppies and retirees. It is a private group so I don't know any more about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts