Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm glad it's going well and that you like the real instructor!!! I use kibble as a treat too. If we are going to be doing a lot of training I mix it up and he never knows if he's going to get a treat or a kibble. It's also good so I don't over do the treats.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awww! Congrats to you and your little graduate!!
Don't worry too much about the potty training, Bella will get it eventually. Just remember to stick with a routine. I know that's easier said than done, but hey, if I could potty train a dog...anyone can!!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 3 2005, 10:57 AM
How do you all get a dog to "speak"......I was trying to get Sis to speak the other night, I had her treat and she "sat" on command.  I "barked" and said "speak", she looked at me like I was a fool.....Joe said I should eat the liver treat because I did it so well!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39550
[/QUOTE]

I just did what you are doing. I held up his favorite treat and I barked at him until he barked back, then he got the treat. Eventually I threw in the speak command, and he got it. I'm glad no one got a video of me barking at Peanut

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 3 2005, 11:15 AM
You know, I was watching that show on Animal Planet the other day, "Who gets the Dog".  The "expert" on that show said that dogs do not "mimic" people.  I didn't believe her because there are certain things that we do that Sis will join in on when we are playing!!  I guess I will just have to keep barking at Sis!! LOL...and by the way, the liver treats really stink, so Joe will have to find something else that interests me!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39555
[/QUOTE]
I will bark for some jewlery

I know what you mean...there are so many conflicting ideas about pets and behaviors. I guess you just have to find what works for your individual dog. I must say I am getting nervous about having a new puppy around. I still have plenty of time before he's ready to come home, but I hope he's as easy to train as Peanut is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.