Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Belle and her Puppy pic

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Punky 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Belle, one of the girls from Oregon that is ready to be placed. She is 8 yrs old. She is still shy and needs a home that will be patient and loving to bring her around. She is a cutie though and more social then the rest of the girls from Oregon. They all were and are very shy and had not had a lot of human contact.
This is also one of her puppies.

#16 · (Edited)
I had a long talk with Judy today about Miss Belle. She has spend 8 long years in a small cage in a puppy mill and been bred every time she's come into season. She's an excellent mom according to Judy. When she arrived she had worms and the puppies were born with cacshcia (sp?). Belle has been spayed and had her dental but does have some problems with gingivitis.

From talking to Judy, I know that it is going to take a lot of love, patience, training, etc. for Belle to begin to truly understand the joy of life. She's apparently very timid and unsure of people. She's been with Judy and her DH for about 2 months and is only now beginning to show any signs of trust. It sounds a lot like how Pat has described Tinker (the Yorkie she rescued from the mill).

She apparently is fine with the other fluffs and is not agressive at all. She's about 5 1/2-6 lbs (Lacie's size) and is very cute -- just like in the picture.

I hope to bring her to my house as her furever home, but I'm also worried about how Lacie and Tilly will react to having a sister that has had such a miserable life. Hopefully they will help provide her with affection and confidence.

My next cancer treatment is on September 3rd, and Belle is only about 1 1/2 hours from the airport and hospital, so I'm hoping to meet her then and bring her home.

If it's meant to be it will work out. I almost hate to mention it on SM because it seems like every time I plan on adding another fluff, something doesn't work out with it.

Paula - I know that God will guide us to the right action. Only He knows if Belle is meant to be with me, Lacie and Tilly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.