Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old guy Reginald has accidents which is
understandable for his age and condition.
Luckily I don't have carpet to worry about
but it's still hard to come home or get up
in the middle of night to a puddle pee.
Especially when you step in it, slip and
almost fall on your buttocks.:HistericalSmiley: Would
a belly band help if so would it bother
his skin or is it more for a boy that marks?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Is he dribbling a very small amount or actually urinating a large amount. How big is he?

I use Huggie's snugglers size 1 for my 8.25 lb dog who will leak an entire bladder-ful. It stays away from his skin and is absorbed quickly. I found I have to get this particular brand to fit most comfortably on him. They're nice and stretchy. I just do the velcro over the top of his back.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is he dribbling a very small amount or actually urinating a large amount. How big is he?

I use Huggie's snugglers size 1 for my 8.25 lb dog who will leak an entire bladder-ful. It stays away from his skin and is absorbed quickly. I found I have to get this particular brand to fit most comfortably on him. They're nice and stretchy. I just do the velcro over the top of his back.
He is urinating a large amount. His a 30lb Cocker Spaniel. I appreaciate
any advise you can give me.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, he'll need a bigger size LOL But a belly band won't hold that, even with the biggest maxi-pad you could put in.
Thanks so much for responding. Nope no maxi-pad I know will hold that.:HistericalSmiley: I'm assuming you cut a whole for his tail and bootie?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
No, I wrap the diaper around the belly and fasten the tabs over the back. If you try to put it on the traditional way it is not going to reach his penis and catch the urine. You put it on like a belly band.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I wrap the diaper around the belly and fasten the tabs over the back. If you try to put it on the traditional way it is not going to reach his penis and catch the urine. You put it on like a belly band.

I guess I should'nt assume...Once again thank you!! I'm goig to give
this a try.:chili::chili::chili:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry for posting a question about Reginald in the wrong
thread. I was just looking for help. I understand this is
a maltese forum however I don't care for my dogs differently
due to there breed. I see them all equally as my kids once
again sorry.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I use belly bands because most rescue don't come potty trained.. The only thing I would suggest is that what ever method you use to keep the urine from getting on the floor, be sure to clean his little penis and where the belly band touches his skin, because he can get a diaper rash there.. I use baby whipes with aloe and if there is any irritation I use vaseline, and if that doesn't work try Neosporin.. I have run into dggs that the urine doesn't bother at all, and then there are those that the urine really burns them.. .. Just change the belly band often to help eleviate that problem...Good Luck ..
Jayne

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use belly bands because most rescue don't come potty trained.. The only thing I would suggest is that what ever method you use to keep the urine from getting on the floor, be sure to clean his little penis and where the belly band touches his skin, because he can get a diaper rash there.. I use baby whipes with aloe and if there is any irritation I use vaseline, and if that doesn't work try Neosporin.. I have run into dggs that the urine doesn't bother at all, and then there are those that the urine really burns them.. .. Just change the belly band often to help eleviate that problem...Good Luck ..
Jayne
Jayne, Thank you for your advice, diaper rash is one of my concerns.
Just got home from work and not accidents. :aktion033::aktion033:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts