Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure there has been many threads about the foods we feed but there are many who have switched foods as well. So the question is......What food are you feeding your malt?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I rotate between Acana Pacifica and Acana Grasslands. Orijen & Acana are the only dry commercial foods I would feed, with the exception of maybe one or two. I've tried Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Venison and also their Potato & Duck formula, but the nutrition just isn't there unless your dog has severe food allergies.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Paw Naturaw frozen raw. I alternate between bison, elk and rabbit. They get an occasional raw turkey neck. For snacks; organic fruit, Sam's Yams, Paw Naturaw dehydrated elk and bison liver, coco chips, and I make dog biscuits for them from buckwheat or quinoa flour.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I'm feeding Addiction now (the dry kibble every time with a little of the dehydrated or canned (both Addiction too), mixed together). I rotate between most of the flavors, but never the fish ones.

We tried Acana Pacific but she doesn't like fish-so she wouldn't really touch it and then the Acana Grasslands, which she would eat, but wouldn't finish. She eats all the Addiction now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm feeding Addiction now (the dry kibble every time with a little of the dehydrated or canned (both Addiction too), mixed together). I rotate between most of the flavors, but never the fish ones.

We tried Acana Pacific but she doesn't like fish-so she wouldn't really touch it and then the Acana Grasslands, which she would eat, but wouldn't finish. She eats all the Addiction now.
I hear the kibble is very good. They also have dehydrated raw mixes.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot to mention what I use:blink:
She's eating 100% Grandma Lucy's dehydrated raw......I really liked Acana but it is not the right food for her.
I'm also looking into homecooking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dry Kibble - Taste of the Wild Pacific Steam
Canned Food - Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul
Treats - Natural Balance Lamb Roll

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Drs Foster & Smith Lamb and Brown Rice. Believe it or not, it's very highly rated by Whole Dog Journal and the girls absolutely love it. I add water to the dry to soften it just a "tad" and it's gone in less than two minutes!

They get carrots and apples as part of their treats.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I home cook and augment with Wellness puppy.

I also give yoghurt, blueberries and bananas (frozen, sliced thinly) and steamed carrots, for snacks

Allie

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I home cook.

For treats, I use Stella and Chew's Salmon Carnivore Kisses, Plato's Organic Chicken treats, and Sensible Foods crispy freeze-dried organic apples.

I use Dr. Harvey's Veg-To-Bowl as a back-up food. I also have a bag of Grandma Lucy's Bison on hand for back up, but I haven't tried it yet, and ditto with a couple of cans of Weruva food.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts