Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know stainless and ceramic bowls are the best, less bacteria , but what design bowl is best for keeping their face dry when drinking and eating? Buster can make a mess when he's eating, typical boy! Sometimes I hand feed him with a spoon so hes not so messy.

Thanks Busters Mom.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i think the best way for a dog to drink is by sticking his mouth into the bowl. i know some people have a water bottle(like a hamsters)...but i think that if your dog is thirsty...give him the chance to drink a big lap of water (i think thats what its called). lol.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
We had this discussion awhile back and JMM recommended a hand thrown pottery water bowl from Bayou Ceramics that many of the show people use to keep thier Maltese faces dry. It's similar to a plastic "water hole" bowl if you've ever seen one of those, but ceramic.

I ordered one and I love it! It really does work. Lady's beard was always soaking wet before. Sheila custom makes them in any color you want and they really are lovely. I may have to order another one because one of my Siamese cats has decided that it has the best water in the house even though they have their own Drinkwell fountain!

I have the contact information if you want to pm me.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 12 2005, 10:46 PM
i think the best way for a dog to drink is by sticking his mouth into the bowl.  i know some people have a water bottle(like a hamsters)...but i think that if your dog is thirsty...give him the chance to drink a big lap of water (i think thats what its called).  lol. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62007
[/QUOTE]
I have both a water bottle and a bowl of water. Lexi uses both. The water bottle is in her exercise pen so she has access to it when she is in there. I have a bowl of water in the kitchen that she uses when she is really thirsty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.