Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 4 month old wants to chew on everything in sight. I have heard that rawhides and pig ears are not good for them. What is something healthy for him to chew on? I also heard cow bones are good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they were sold out. And, the factory is moving to another country, so there is no product at this time. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It might be too hard for a puppy but I give Charlie deer antlers now. A bit pricey but I find they last the longest for him since he's such a heavy chewer. I also give him bully sticks aka also called bullwrinkles.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I have always used the soft nylon bones that come in flavors. They are safe, do not splinter, nor do chunks break off that they they can choke on. They last forever. My Malts love them. Most pet stores carry these.:blush:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
It might be too hard for a puppy but I give Charlie deer antlers now. A bit pricey but I find they last the longest for him since he's such a heavy chewer. I also give him bully sticks aka also called bullwrinkles.
I used to have a heavy chewer, too. I gave him the really hard bones and my vet told me to stop because the bones were breaking his teeth. Yikes! :mellow:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used to have a heavy chewer, too. I gave him the really hard bones and my vet told me to stop because the bones were breaking his teeth. Yikes! :mellow:
hmmm I wonder how hard deer antlers are vs bully sticks. At least now that I've started giving deer antlers it's curb his desire to chew a bit which is good. He's destroyed less stuff toys!!!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Well, they were sold out. And, the factory is moving to another country, so there is no product at this time. Back to the drawing board.
That's interesting, I just ordered the 5" and 6" from here:
Catalog Section: Moo! Dog Chews

Josey and Cody aren't chewers. I could buy them one bone and it would last for a lifetime. Mandy is my big chewer here. We live in deer country, so, I've tried the deer antlers. Mandy wouldn't touch them. She likes the bullies and flossies. You could also go to Petedge and order their rope toys for puppies. They have some scented/flavored rope toys that are safe for teething puppies and made for this purpose. The scent last for 3 or 4 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts