Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 5 2004, 04:32 PM
Someone told me they either found out about or checked out their breeder through the BBB.  Anyone ever did that?  How do you go about doing that?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15060
[/QUOTE]

The Better Business Bureau takes complaints from customers that have had a problem with the business; i.e., not getting what they ordered, getting defective goods. Then they send a copy of the complaint to the business that can refute or whatever. As long as the business answers and explains their side of it, they are pretty much in good stead with the Bureau. The Bureau is structured to be serve businesses because they are the ones that pay dues to belong, which financially supports the organization.

Checking with the BBB could tell you if the breeder had done something such as taken a deposit and not delivered the dog as promised, etc. It would not help concerning the quality of the puppy. Lots of back-yard breeders probably aren't even licensed businesses, in which case the Bureau probably wouldn't represent them anyway.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Nov 13 2004, 01:49 AM
i heard that the list Jay sells online is a little different from the free one on the maltese association page... :new_Eyecrazy: im confused now...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16227
[/QUOTE]

Mee, I bought the MO list in October 2004. I have just now gone to the AMA site to compare the lists. They are not identical. I started a new thread in the Breeders section outlining the results of my comparison....

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?...t=0&#entry16244

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.