Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

we had this pointed out to us today and are working to get this site shut down, but in the meantime I wanted to warn everyone on here about this at least.

this website http://www.doggyoutfits.com took all of their pictures off of our website including Chanel's (from my avatar) picture which they have on their front page.

More important than them stealing our images, they are advertising items that we manufacturered, so I know they do not have them, nor can they get them, which makes me think they are planning on taking peoples money and running with it.

there was a site a few months back that was doing this in our industry.. it's really sad.

I'm not sure what their gameplan is right now because the phone number they list to call does not go to them, and they don't list any other contact information.

Just be careful everyone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by sherylmint@Mar 19 2005, 06:36 PM
Thank you I am always buying clothes for my babies. They have a lot of nerve stealing pictures and running a scam like that. Thanks again for the warning.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44494
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sheryl,

The picture thing is not really why I posted this. Although of course it is a problem when people steal our pictures, that is something we deal with all the time, I would never make a post like this about something like that.

I was legitimately concerned this was a scam job because they are listing items for sale that I know they don't have.

Just makes me mad people would take advantage of people like that.

A few months ago there was a company claiming to have tons of louie Vuittons, Juicy carriers, and some other items that don't even exist, they were taking phone orders for money orders for about a month or two before their site was shut down and everyone was out of luck fromwhat I heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!
Hopefully you can help take care of their butts and they'll get what they deserve!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Mar 19 2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks Sheryl,

The picture thing is not really why I posted this.  Although of course it is a problem when people steal our pictures, that is something we deal with all the time, I would never make a post like this about something like that.

I was legitimately concerned this was a scam job because they are listing items for sale that I know they don't have.

Just makes me mad people would take advantage of people like that.

A few months ago there was a company claiming to have tons of louie Vuittons, Juicy carriers, and some other items that don't even exist, they were taking phone orders for money orders for about a month or two before their site was shut down and everyone was out of luck fromwhat I heard. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44500
[/QUOTE]

Can you disable the right click on your web site so no one can steal your pictures anymore?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. How did you find out about your picture? There are so many websites out there. It is so hard to know if what you are ordering is legit or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
That is so trifling!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Mar 19 2005, 08:34 PM
Can you disable the right click on your web site so no one can steal your pictures anymore?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44511
[/QUOTE]

there are ways around that too, its sad but stealing is a "part" of the internet, i hope you get them shut down, contact their domain registrar, ICANN and their web host
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Thanks for the warning. They don't even have online ordering. Everything is done by phone! I am so glad I was too lazy to call before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Mar 19 2005, 02:55 PM
Hey everyone,

we had this pointed out to us today and are working to get this site shut down, but in the meantime I wanted to warn everyone on here about this at least.

this website http://www.doggyoutfits.com took all of their pictures off of our website including Chanel's (from my avatar) picture which they have on their front page. 

More important than them stealing our images, they are advertising items that we manufacturered, so I know they do not have them, nor can they get them, which makes me think they are planning on taking peoples money and running with it.

there was a site a few months back that was doing this in our industry.. it's really sad.

I'm not sure what their gameplan is right now because the phone number they list to call does not go to them, and they don't list any other contact information.

Just be careful everyone.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44488
[/QUOTE]

Hey there, my bf said that you should probably watermark your pictures, basically label them with your company name. Just a suggestion!

~Elegant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
If this site is taking money via credit cards, then the card companies can prosecute if fraud is involved. Additionally, if the merchandise is sent via USPS, then mail fraud charges could also be brought (if the goods are substandard or are illegal copies). Glamour Dog, I would contact the attorney general for your state and tell them to investigate. Thanks for the heads up warning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Never order by phone from anyone!! If paying online, only order from those sites on the internet that are secure. It cost very little to have a secure server these days. We have an online business and have a secure server. That way our customers are protected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Mar 19 2005, 04:55 PM
Hey everyone,

we had this pointed out to us today and are working to get this site shut down, but in the meantime I wanted to warn everyone on here about this at least.

this website http://www.doggyoutfits.com took all of their pictures off of our website including Chanel's (from my avatar) picture which they have on their front page. 

More important than them stealing our images, they are advertising items that we manufacturered, so I know they do not have them, nor can they get them, which makes me think they are planning on taking peoples money and running with it.

there was a site a few months back that was doing this in our industry.. it's really sad.

I'm not sure what their gameplan is right now because the phone number they list to call does not go to them, and they don't list any other contact information.

Just be careful everyone.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44488
[/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh, thats terrible!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top