Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mothers 3 year old Maltese has a huge drool problem when I bring my 1 year old Dachshund over to play. After about 10 minutes of being together the Malt just drools and drools and covers his entire front. Both male dogs are not fixed. The malt has never had this problem in the 3 years my mother has owned him. Anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the malt could be incredibly nervous. our gruffi will drool A LOT when we're about to get into the car because he gets soo nervous. sorta looks like he's foamy at times. i feel bad. but they play fine together right? like the other dog doesnt bully the malt, right?

if the malt doesnt usually drool---then that might be the problem. i know sprite drools when she sleeps. lol. its cute though

D

·
0 Posts
doctor cathy,
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Karmaan Ghia: I use to have one of those and it was my all time favorite car!

Anyway, Pico will drool excessively in some situations involving other dogs. Like when we go to Florida and visit my daughter who lives in an apartment which is one apt away from the dog park. We were always meeting at least one dog coming or going and Pico would drool until he was dripping on the pavement!

Now, at home when we greet a dog walking by our house, he doesn't drool. I think it is a stress related response because he does it less now when we visit his bio mom and siblings in Florida. I think over the 2 years we have visited them 3 times for at least 2 days and he no longer drools in their presence.

D

·
0 Posts
Pico's mom,
If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.

'dancinwithjoec'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my dog is a puppy and Mr Boo is 4 years old so he isn't as playful anymore. My Doxie will constantly bother him and want to play...I would guess its stress related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts