Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooo....Ms. Bijou came into her first heat last week. She has been looking especially hilarious running around the house in her onesie (errr.....and pantyliner.) :HistericalSmiley: So apologies for the photo quality-- I snapped these with my iPhone.

No, Mr. Casanova is NOT interested in the least bit. And neither is she. Let's keep it that way!!

I waited to get Bijou spayed to let her get a bit bigger...but honestly, I cannot wait to do it in September. I'm not used to the cycle lasting this long....:blink:

Also, Casanova wants to thank his Awnties :heart: once again for their kind wishes and prayers. He is getting stronger everyday.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Oh, yes, a dog in heat on a white sofa is always a great thing. LOL! She's precious, Sophia. Thanks for sharing.

Hoping our Casanova is doing well by now!

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
awww, our little girl is growing up!!! how hold is she now? Ava never went into her first heat till she was one year old. Now I'm waiting till after the puppy party....so she'll be going in soon, I guess.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bijou is 11 months old.

LOL!! All my sofas are white at the house....she's already suffering...I'm not going to kick her off the sofa and make her sit on the ground.

Anyway, she's got "protection!" Pantyliner with WINGS!! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
A wing and a prayer with that white couch, Sophia.:HistericalSmiley: She looks adorable though.:wub: And so glad Casanova's getting better. What a scare. He really didn't have to do all that to make you home cook again, did he?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Bijou is so beautiful! Your iPhone took great pictures. lol She looks so cute with her little side ponytail. :)

I hope her cycle ends soon...I once babysat a Chihuahua in heat and it was awful...lasted for 2+ weeks!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Bijou is so beautiful! Your iPhone took great pictures. lol She looks so cute with her little side ponytail. :)

I hope her cycle ends soon...I once babysat a Chihuahua in heat and it was awful...lasted for 2+ weeks!
Heat cycles in dogs last 21 days. Casanova will probably be going nuts in another week or so. Even neutered males dogs will react to a female in heat in their house, even tie with them. :w00t:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I can't believe I was just thinking about you! Oh Sophia, she is just gorgeous sitting there on your white sofa with her blue bow in her hair......!!!! She should be a model for someone in New York!! I am so glad to hear that Cassanova is doing so well~~~sending love to Cass and Bijou:heart::heart::heart:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Bijou is 11 months old.

LOL!! All my sofas are white at the house....she's already suffering...I'm not going to kick her off the sofa and make her sit on the ground.

Anyway, she's got "protection!" Pantyliner with WINGS!! :HistericalSmiley:
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Too funny!!

Bijou is insanely beautiful!! I just love her little smile!:wub:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congratulation dear Bijou. You are a woman now!!!!!!! :aktion033::aktion033:

She looks adorable as usual. :wub::wub::wub:

So happy to hear that Casanova is doing better. :chili::chili::chili:

Hug and love to you all

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I was just talking to my boss this afternoon about his 2 Malts. He has one boy that's 3 and neutered and a little girl that they added this year who is about 6 1/2 months. They have a house in Maine that they spend summers at and the little fluff was scheduled to be spayed right before they left for Maine last week. You guessed it -- she came into season just before the scheduled spay.

So now they're travelling with her and having to wait another 2 weeks to have her little surgery. She has on panties and liners he says.

I can understand how you feel about Ms. Bijou being in season. Glad to hear that our sweet boy Cassanova is getting stronger. It just takes a lot of time to get back to normal after HGE.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
A wing and a prayer with that white couch, Sophia.:HistericalSmiley: She looks adorable though.:wub: And so glad Casanova's getting better. What a scare. He really didn't have to do all that to make you home cook again, did he?
Hahaha!! Actually, it's pretty light. She hardly needs the pantyliner...What's bad is doing and undoing the onesie for her to goto the bathroom....:blink: Poor girl. She's a good sport.

Yes, I have always home cooked, but the vet told me to always leave kibble down for Bijou since she was only 2 pounds when she first came. This is how Casanova ended up eating half home cooked half kibble. I threw away all my kibble this weekend, though. She's bigger now, and I'm sure kibble works for some but definitely not for Casanova. What can I say, he is high maintenance, but I like to maintain him.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.