Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave some of these to Lizzie last night and today she thanks me by having diarrhea allllll over the house.

Anybody else have this problem with these treats?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I got some lamb jerky stuff from the pet store a couple weeks ago. So far all it seems to do to Lexi is make her poop more and the poop is kind of smellier then normal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Marj had mentioned the lambs liver treats once, we tried those and Sisse had the runs too!! I threw them out....I think some of these little guys just have delicate digestive systems (although to look at her you'd not think so)!! No more liver at our house either

I have to take that back it was "lambs lung" that did it to her.....and it was NOT Marj's fault, I want to make THAT clear!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sunny gets the Biljac liver treats and we havnt had any proublems with them, he loves them so much it would be sad if we did lol....how much did you give Lizzie i usually up them up becuase they are big

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oh no! I have not tried the Bil-Jac brand, but I have given some from a carton thing at Walmart, and the Authority brand from Petsmart. Brink LOVES these! I also give him Charliebear brand liver treats...they have a crunchy outside...
Anyway, he would also be very sad if he didn't get these anymore.
Poor Lizzie, and poor you!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have had that problem too. I don't know what is in them that bothers our puppy, but I've gotten rid of them. I now use boiled chicken breast for training treats. She also likes the regular, inexpensive large bag of puppy treats from Petsmart. I don't recall the brand, but they are mini bone shaped treats that are a beige color. They are teeny tiny.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went to a pet expo the other weekend and got these organic freeze dried chicken liver treats and poor Pippin had diarrhea to the point where I was ready to call the vet. I also got salmon treats and dried chicken breast chews from the same company and he seems to do ok on them. I felt so bad...here I thought I was giving him a really good treat and all it did was make him sick. The guy told me they were very rich when I bought them....so I only gave him small pieces...but he still couldn't digest it. I guess I will stick to other types of treats instead...no more liver in this house either.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by SpottyPoo@Mar 28 2005, 04:51 PM
I gave some of these to Lizzie last night and today she thanks me by having diarrhea allllll over the house. 

Anybody else have this problem with these treats?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46931
[/QUOTE]
Oh, your poor baby..... not fun having a tummy ache. I hope she is feeling better.

Sometimes it takes a while to find the "right" treat for them....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh, does Lizzie's mommy get any sympathy for all the cleaning up she had to do??

Lizzie is doing alright tonight. No more sign of diarrhea whatsoever.

She does pretty well on these Milk Bone training treats. They are small beige things with red stuff in the middle. Do you all know this treat? I don't use it for training -- too big for that. She gets one a few times a week. Lizzie doesn't really respond to food/treats very much. Heck, she doesn't even like chicken!!
(I'm sure she will develop her individual tastes as she matures.)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by SpottyPoo@Mar 28 2005, 10:05 PM
Uh, does Lizzie's mommy get any sympathy for all the cleaning up she had to do?? 

Lizzie is doing alright tonight. No more sign of diarrhea whatsoever. 

She does pretty well on these Milk Bone training treats. They are small beige things with red stuff in the middle. Do you all know this treat? I don't use it for training -- too big for that. She gets one a few times a week. Lizzie doesn't really respond to food/treats very much. Heck, she doesn't even like chicken!! 
  (I'm sure she will develop her individual tastes as she matures.)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47051
[/QUOTE]

Those Milk Bone training treats are Jack's favorites. When we were housebreaking him, he got one every time he went potty outside. I had to cut back on the treats because he started putting on too much weight. Now I only use them occasionally. But they are still his favorites.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady came with a lot of defective parts, but thank heavens she has a cast iron stomach!

She has never had trouble with the lamb lungs. I give her a very small piece at a time, though.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Ugh sorry Lizzie didn't agree with the liver treats
It's so gross when your puppy has diarreah. Lucy's only had it once, apparently chicken hot dogs aren't the thing for her (trainer insisted "it would be good" haha not so much)

Anyways - Lucy gets the Authority brand from Petsmart too and loooooves it. She'd do anything for it
Good luck finding a good brand/treat for her, it takes time.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Isn't it amazing how different they all are!! Sisse is a Tomboy from the word go...she is really rough and tumble, but that little belly of hers has a life of it's own!! Yes, Lizzie's Momma gets hugs and sympathy for the "accidents", we all go through this for sure!!

Our local "no kill shelter" has had BAGS of food/treats that either don't like Sisse or she doesn't like them. Her 3 favorites right now are Walmart/Waggin Train dried chicken breast jerky, loves those, Vanilla waffers (kept for great potty days and in VERY small quantities like maybe 1/4 of 1 waffer) and 3 Dogs Bakery's "licken Crunch" carob/peanutbutter cookies (like oreo's) again in VERY small quantities. Everyone has their favorites!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 29 2005, 03:03 PM
Isn't it amazing how different they all are!!  Sisse is a Tomboy from the word go...she is really rough and tumble, but that little belly of hers has a life of it's own!!  Yes, Lizzie's Momma gets hugs and sympathy for the "accidents", we all go through this for sure!!

Our local "no kill shelter" has had BAGS of food/treats that either don't like Sisse or she doesn't like them.  Her 3 favorites right now are Walmart/Waggin Train dried chicken breast jerky, loves those, Vanilla waffers (kept for great potty days and in VERY small quantities like maybe 1/4 of 1 waffer) and 3 Dogs Bakery's "licken Crunch" carob/peanutbutter cookies (like oreo's) again in VERY small quantities.  Everyone has their favorites!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47236
[/QUOTE]

Sisse and Brink have the same taste!
He loves the Waggin Train chicken jerky too-and he finally decided he like the carob/pb cookies, although they are not his very favorite. Luckily nothing except mac/cheese has seemed to upset his tummy yet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, yes -- Lizzie loves those Carob/PB cookies, too!!

Veggies? Are you kidding? I said I don't like to clean up diarrhea!! :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I have always given Jolie the BilJac liver treats and she loves them with no problems. Sadie and Sassy don't get people food, don't know to beg, and I'm embarrassed to say that they don't really get treats. Its not that I don't want them to have them - they just never beg and never seem like they are hanging around waiting for treats. I've been trying to remember to give them a treat after grooming, but honestly, they don't seem to even really want or need one.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 29 2005, 08:33 PM
try some veggies... ummmm

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47331
[/QUOTE]
Last night I was making some frozen broccoli and a piece dropped on the floor and Kallie grabbed it. She went nuts over it and wanted more. I gave her a few more of the frozen florets..... I've never seen her so excited about people food before. I tried giving her frozen green beans after all the talk on SM about them but she wouldn't eat them... Catcher loved them though... No stomach problems with either one...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts