Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Originally posted by Teaco@Nov 15 2005, 07:35 PM
I think Debbie is just as blessed as Billy with having him in her life. I see and can tell as she talks about him she is also very blessed to have him just as much as he is to have her. I am so glad there is people out there Like Debbie to give handi cap animals a life no matter what his handi cap might of been. Debbie you will be blessed for all the good you have done in his life. Trust me you will be rewarded 10 times over some day.
Char
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119975
[/QUOTE]

You are so right. When Mary called me to foster a little blind boy, that was the day I hit the jack-pot. Yep, I scored, big time. Billy is such a psycho. He's so full of love and entertainment. I've learned so much from each and every furbutt that has walked through my door

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Originally posted by Baxter and Wally's Mom@Nov 15 2005, 05:39 PM
I LOVE Billy so much!! I was crying with his first pic, and rolling on the floor with the eyeballs attached pic! God Bless you all!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119946
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. When I first saw Billy after surgery, I was shocked. I started bawling and sniffling. Well you should have seen me while I was looking at the pics of Billy with paper eyes scotch-taped to his head. I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Nov 15 2005, 11:30 AM
Billy's new prosthetic eyes...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119824
[/QUOTE]
I love that little man. He ia a blessing to all of us. Your love for him is soooo special. How can you not LOVE him. I am anxious to see and hear more about Billy. I also cryed and then laughed at this picture, love your sense of humor.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
oh i LOVE those big beautiful eyeballs! he's a charmer, i think he's sticking his tongue out saying "neaner neaner neaner...looky looky looky, i have EYEBALLS NOW! LOOK AT ME! i have new balls now!"

ann marie and the "oh dear, i am hearing the words 'heck' and 'handbasket' in my head....." buttercup

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Debbie,

Sorry, I have been out of the loop on here....so glad you shared both wonderful pictures...."my" little Billy truly is one lucky furbutt, and you have blessed so many with your extraordinary way of caring for so many white angels and some of us humans.

Thanks Deb

Now Billy - with those eyes you should be able to scare Joplin long enough to get at least one of her treats.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
OMG Debbie....I just wandered into this particular section of SM--never visited this section before, and there was the little darling's photo. All I could do was put my head in my hands and sob. What a brave little dude--not to mention his wonderful mom. You have been through so much this last year. Yeah, I can see how he is your hero. But you are mine. God bless you both. Prayers and good thoughts continue.

Samsonsmom

Hey Billy--you 'bout ready to go chasin' little fuzzy women? I know you said you didn't want the ugly ones, but we'll work it out. Sammie

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by samsonsmom@Nov 16 2005, 08:27 PM
OMG Debbie....I just wandered into this particular section of SM--never visited this section before,  ......
Samsonsmom

Hey Billy--you 'bout ready to go chasin' little fuzzy women?  I know you said you didn't want the ugly ones, but we'll work it out.  Sammie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120407
[/QUOTE]

If you want to see all the posts in all categories, you might prefer using the "View New Posts" link at the top right navigation area next to My Controls. It's really handy seeing all new posts in one list.

I use that most of the time but sometimes it seems like there aren't enough new ones showing up. So, I then use the drop down on any of the pages of new posts and ask to see all the posts for the past week and then I can scan them to see if I've seen everything!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Today is the first time I have read about Billy. What a sad and happy story all at the same time. Debbie, my hat goes off to you. Most people want the easy ones and won't make room for the ones like Billy.

Are you with a rescue group or just doing it on your own?

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Originally posted by Teddyandme@Nov 16 2005, 07:26 PM
Debbie,

Sorry, I have been out of the loop on here....so glad you shared both wonderful pictures...."my" little Billy truly is one lucky furbutt, and you have blessed so many with your extraordinary way of caring for so many white angels and some of us humans.

Thanks Deb

Now Billy - with those eyes you should be able to scare Joplin long enough to get at least one of her treats.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120384
[/QUOTE]

Hey Suz!!! You're back!! Your Billy is doing great
Last night, with my warped sense of humor, I put Billy's eyes on and let him run around the house. He scared the crap out of Joplin and Frankie -lol - Frankie ran under the couch, and Jops high-tailed it upstairs - ROFLMAO

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Originally posted by kab@Nov 17 2005, 09:41 AM
Today is the first time I have read about Billy.  What a sad and happy story all at the same time.  Debbie,  my hat goes off to you.  Most people want the easy ones and won't make room for the ones like Billy. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120541
[/QUOTE]

I foster for Northcentral Maltese Rescue. Unfortunately, the majority of these little fluff-butts in rescue are NOT perfect, and not many want to adopt them. Billy would have been extremely hard to place. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait to adopt him. You're right, in my experiences, I've come across families who do want the "easy ones", the "small ones", the "young ones", the "pretty ones". I even came across a gal who was interested in rescueing a maltese, BUT, she wanted a male and a female, no older than six months, and not weighing more than four pounds. I laughed and asked, are you serious?

There's ALWAYS room for the "Billy's" at my house
He cracks me up...

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Originally posted by Msloke@Nov 17 2005, 11:02 AM
OMG!  That would have been something to see!! Poor Joplin and Frankie, can you just imagine what was going thru their minds! 
  Too bad they can't see in color, would have been funny to make his new "eyes" raging red. 

You go Billy! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120566
[/QUOTE]

Isn't that too funny?? Poor Billy, he didn't understand why they took off. He was actually trying to find them with his scotch-taped eyes - lol

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Originally posted by samsonsmom@Nov 16 2005, 08:27 PM
OMG Debbie....I just wandered into this particular section of SM--never visited this section before, and there was the little darling's photo.  All I could do was put my head in my hands and sob.  What a brave little dude--not to mention his wonderful mom.  You  have been through so much this last year.  Yeah, I can see how he is your hero. But you are mine.  God bless you both.  Prayers and good thoughts continue.

Samsonsmom

Hey Billy--you 'bout ready to go chasin' little fuzzy women?  I know you said you didn't want the ugly ones, but we'll work it out.  Sammie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120407
[/QUOTE]

Carolyn - It has been a tough year. One of the worst for me. I'm so thankful for my little ones, who make my days, make me smile. If they were perfect, they wouldn't fit in with me
I sometimes think Billy can see better than I. Thank you so very much for the prayers and ALWAYS thinking of us.

And Hey Sammie, I've heard the ladies LOVE paper eyes. I'm ready to go chasing. The fuzzier the better!! You will have to tell me if she's ugly though. I don't want the ugly ones...Billy

·
Registered
267 Posts
When I saw his picture, it just made me so sad, but if he was born not being able to see, then he's probably very well adjusted to the fact. Thanks for sharing this great story...Peace

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom+Nov 17 2005, 10:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teddyandme
@Nov 16 2005, 07:26 PM
Debbie,

Thanks Deb

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120384
Hey Suz!!! You're back!! Your Billy is doing great
Last night, with my warped sense of humor, I put Billy's eyes on and let him run around the house. He scared the crap out of Joplin and Frankie -lol - Frankie ran under the couch, and Jops high-tailed it upstairs - ROFLMAO
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120560

Well, I knew if he played his "eyes" right he could scare em long enough to steal a treat....thanks for making me laugh so hard it hurt.

Suz
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom+Nov 17 2005, 12:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kab
@Nov 17 2005, 09:41 AM
Today is the first time I have read about Billy.  What a sad and happy story all at the same time.  Debbie,  my hat goes off to you.  Most people want the easy ones and won't make room for the ones like Billy. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120541
I foster for Northcentral Maltese Rescue. Unfortunately, the majority of these little fluff-butts in rescue are NOT perfect, and not many want to adopt them. Billy would have been extremely hard to place. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait to adopt him. You're right, in my experiences, I've come across families who do want the "easy ones", the "small ones", the "young ones", the "pretty ones". I even came across a gal who was interested in rescueing a maltese, BUT, she wanted a male and a female, no older than six months, and not weighing more than four pounds. I laughed and asked, are you serious?

There's ALWAYS room for the "Billy's" at my house
He cracks me up...

Most people don't realize that there is usually a reason why most of these dogs are in a rescue group. My Kirby may be here forever and that will be just fine with me. Most want to adopt a dog because of what it can do for them. Kirby just doesn't know how to be that loving lap dog.....yet! I try to pick him up several times during the day just to show him that it can be nice to get a hug. He wags his tail when he sees me, but cowers when I go to touch him.

How long have you been fostering?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120568
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Bless his big soul. At first, I was very sad to see the picture, but now that I think about it, you can spend less time tending to his eyes, and more time playing and cuddling with him. I am sooo glad he is in good hands!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
How is our Billy doing today? When do his stitches come out?

61 - 80 of 115 Posts