Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a puppymill rescue right here in North Carolina. Billy's story has a happy ending as he was adopted by his rescuer, but he is one of the lucky ones.

Anyone who buys a puppy from a pet store or puppy mill supports this horrible industry. Please remember Billy whenever you are tempted to "rescue" that puppy in a cage at the pet store.

New video details recovery of dog found at puppy mill | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
I saw that somewhere, and I'm so glad that it had a happy ending. That sweet sweet boy.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Oh how I hate puppy mills! Those poor babies being locked up like that in filth and being so neglected! I don't think fines are enough for these people. Are they ever locked up for doing these kinds of things? If not, they should be and I don't think that's still enough for what they've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The video made me cry teas of sadness and joy. I'm glad Billy was rescued but my heart cries for all those out there who haven't been rescued and are suffering...

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Thanks Marj, everyone needs to see that!!!!! We need to impress on folks that Pet Stores, Puppy Mills, BYB's and the Breed for Greeders should be avoided when searching for a puppy. Their web site may look great and they may say all the wonderful things you want to hear but underneath they are horrible. We are here to help and can help find a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Well, unfortunately, I learned today that Billy passed away over the Holidays :( :( :(

I found this video on the Humane Society's FB page:

Billy's Legacy - YouTube

Poor Billy... I am just so glad he was able to feel love for those last months.... it always breaks my heart when these rescue pups pass away not too long after being rescued... it's bittersweet. RIP Billy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts