Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am using Biogroom Fluffy puppy shampoo for Raya but it does not seem to remove the dirt from her paws, so I went looking for another good shampoo. The pet store owner recommended Cockatoo shampoo for white dogs like maltese :unsure:. Has anybody heard about / used this? BTW the shampoo has all natural ingredients, no bleach, peroxide or animal by-products.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Really, I didn't even know there was bird shampoo. It seems kind of overkill since all the birds do is splash in the bath anyway. I might look for it. My Cockatiel hasn't had a bath in years, but she gets to come out and play all the time. Your tiel is cute btw.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
I use Dawn dish detergent for really tough greasy stuff. It is gentle and effective and probably less expensive than the stuff the guy at the petstore recommended.

I am sure Vicky might have some ideas for you as well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Really, I didn't even know there was bird shampoo. It seems kind of overkill since all the birds do is splash in the bath anyway. I might look for it. My Cockatiel hasn't had a bath in years, but she gets to come out and play all the time. Your tiel is cute btw.

I had never thought about washing our birds either! :w00t:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have birds- a 27 yr old cockatiel and 15 yr old Green Cheek Amazon and have NEVER used a shampoo on them. I just spritz them till they are soaked (or till they say enough which is way after they are soaked), with warm water and they get clean and beautiful! I am not even thinking shampoo is good for them. I wouldn't use it. Sounds like he was just trying to sell it. I use dog shampoo on my girls paws when they get dirty. Well, actually, Maggie Bella is the tomboy in this house. She intentionally runs through the dirt!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have 2 cockatiels and have never heard of bird shampoo. I was really surprised when he showed me the cockatoo shampoo.:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts