Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well a few weeks ago, I decided that I was going to groom Bisou myself as I just cannot trust local groomers to be clean here...so I went out and bought some fancy Japanese steel scissors, clippers..and tried my 'best'.

Sadly I cut Bisou on her tummy!!! She didn't even flinch or move or squirm..which made me cry more (that she was so brave and trusted me so much not to cry out when she was cut). I did cry though..for 2 days!!! It was super tramutic for me. I had Bisou bandaged up with gauze around her middle and her hair was all chopped up!!

So last Friday, I took her into our Vet's office for an appt..and had her groomed there. I brought in her Pure Paws shampoo/conditioner etc- and they let me help wash her and I could watch her being groomed. Here is her new hair cut, which I love on her. It's very simple and so much better than what I could have done. I guess I'm a slow learner on hair cutting...but I'll get there!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Well a few weeks ago, I decided that I was going to groom Bisou myself as I just cannot trust local groomers to be clean here...so I went out and bought some fancy Japanese steel scissors, clippers..and tried my 'best'.

Sadly I cut Bisou on her tummy!!! She didn't even flinch or move or squirm..which made me cry more (that she was so brave and trusted me so much not to cry out when she was cut). I did cry though..for 2 days!!! It was super tramutic for me. I had Bisou bandaged up with gauze around her middle and her hair was all chopped up!!

So last Friday, I took her into our Vet's office for an appt..and had her groomed there. I brought in her Pure Paws shampoo/conditioner etc- and they let me help wash her and I could watch her being groomed. Here is her new hair cut, which I love on her. It's very simple and so much better than what I could have done. I guess I'm a slow learner on hair cutting...but I'll get there!!!

I just love Bisou's cut and she looks adorable. :wub: Thank you Andrea, i'm making an appointment for Noelle to get groomed this week and that's the cut i want for her. She has such cottony hair that if you look at it wrong it matts up and with it being so cold here for Florida that means more sweaters and more matts. :angry:

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
I just love Bisou!! She couldn't be any cuter!

I know it must have been so sad when you cut her - but it was by an accident and she knew that!
I once grazed Milo's paw with a slicker brush :(

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Oh no!! Poor Bisou - I'm sure she knows that you didn't mean it, she's so brave.

I love her nw haircut - as always, Bisou looks beautiful! I'm sure you will do a great job on her - at least you have a cooperative little pup to work on - now had it been Aolani, fughettaboutit!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
You bet that you will get there.

Don't beat yourself up for cutting - sweet Bisou- fluffs have a way of knowing how much we love them.

I think that Bisou looks devine! I, too, am going to learn to groom my kidz - (my husband has hired someone to come here, to our home, and give me many lesson's for many weeks, perhaps you could find someone in Shanghi to come to you.)

Best wishes,

~Allie

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
she looks beautiful:wub: it made me tear up thinking of her sitting there after you accidently snipped her, that's something Matilda would do. Accidents happen please don't be hard on yourself. I'm glad your vet helped with her grooming, Bisou is a real treasure, she's adorable:wub:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Debbie- I bet Noelle is going to look great in her new cut!! Please post some photos when it's done!!

thanks everyone. Even my husband was like "What???" when he came home and saw little Bisou all bandaged up. I had to run to the corner pharmacy and buy gauze, anti-bacterial stuff, iodine. I tried to tell them (in my poor Mandarin) that it was for my dog but they looked at me like I was kwazy.

Allie-great idea about hiring someone to come to my house and teach me. That's very doable here!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Bisou looks adorable, Andrea. I love her haircut. And about that accidental little tummy tuck ... you are not the first to do that and you won't be the last! I really think it hurts us more than them.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Oh no!! I hope Bisou's tummy is feeling better now, and her new haircut looks great! :D

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Andrea, Bisou looks adorable! :aktion033: She is much more patient then my four munchkins who would have yelled at me the moment I even came close to their skin!!! Bisou is very trusting....:wub::wub:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
omg she looks precious !! sorry bout the cut on the tummy im sure she knew it wasnt on purpose. i think she looks great!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Bisou's clip looks great! I love it! There's not much you could do to make that girl look anything but beautiful! :wub:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh she looks super cute in that new do!:wub: I love it...it looks similar to how Rocky looks now. He had a super short cut that I didn't ask for a couple of weeks ago, but now it's filling in nicely and his chicken legs are disappearing. I love that you even tried...I'm too scared, someday..maybe.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
That's a cute cut for Bisou,she looks adorable.:wub: So sorry about the accident. Sometimes even the professional groomers will have an accident. I'm so scared of cutting Boo & Hannah,I always use the comb attachments on the clippers. Even my little belly clippers have little attachment combs.

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Oh doesn't Bisou look beautiful in her new haircut. Don't be so hard on yourself about your slip up while grooming her. You didn't do it on purpose. I know how you must have felt and understand but forgive yourself. Bisou loves you and knows you love her. I'm sure she'd forgotten it while you were still crying over it. She is such a beauty and a little sweetheart.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Andrea, you did a wonderful job with Bisou's new hair cut. Maybe Bisou didn't really feel the accidental slip with the scissors/clippers? I know I have accidently cut myself while shaving my legs and didn't feel it.

Bisou looks adorable as ever!:wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you everyone! The scary thing about cutting her on her tummy, is that the skin expands there to a huge hole. So the space expanded to about a dime size! My Vet said that the skin does that there. I did buy some clippers too with an attachment. That's the 'comb'? I need to check out a video on how to use them. I'm way too nervous to try the scissors again!

Marie- the photo isn't my cut but a groomers at the Vet's office. My cut was really choppy and not nice..although only on one side.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts