Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok that Rocky likes to bite his tail and chase it? Sometimes he bites it so hard he cries out. Is this neurotic behavior or normal for a puppy of almost 7 months?:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
10,377 Posts
Sweetness chased hers a lot when she was a puppy - it seemed to surprise her every once in a while, like she forgot she had it. Once Tessa came here, Sweetness has someone else's tail to chase!

·
Registered
847 Posts
When Leila gets the zoomies, she chases her tail like crazy, too. It's only when she's REALLY hyper but it's really funny to watch. She doesn't bite it, but my parents' lab used to get so excited chasing her tail that sometimes she would bite it and yelp out.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Poppy is still fascinated by his tail too, just like Leila, it's only when he's really hyped up. He goes in circles so fast and furious trying to catch it, it makes me dizzy to watch him.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dora will actually catch hers but keep going around in a circle. She's never managed to hurt herself though. She's also 7 months old. I think a little tail chasing is part of being a puppy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.