Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going on 1 week having Skittle and she is just a joy. She is quite a spunky girl and her name truly fits her personality. When she gets playing she likes to bite. I know she is a baby, teething etc... but I'm wondering if there is something specific I can do that I'm not doing.

If she bites I try to give her something that is ok to bite if it's around. I say no biting and remove my hand, toe etc... Last night I had to put her in a small bed in my bed bec. she decided to wake up at 4 am. I didn't want her waking the whole house up. (We are at our cottage with family.) She was ready to play and kept trying to bite the cage etc... I put my hand on her muzzle and held it shut and said "No Biting". This seemed to work. I learned this with our past dog at training. I'm just afraid that it might not be good for my little fluff. I also like to do this with the barking which can get bad.

If I'm doing something wrong let me know but please be gentle. I'm a new mom. I'd also like any other ideas that would help.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
If he refuses to take his pill (he does that when not in the mood to eat) I do the same thing. Open his mouth, put the pill in and hold his muzzle closed with my hand until he swallows the pill. As long as you don't cut off the breathing, I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I stopped piper from "baby biting" by saying NO BITE in a stern voice every time she did it. Not sure if it worked or she just outgrew it :) Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts