Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abby is our first maltese. She is adorable, but do they ever stop biting? She has even eaten the wood around the floor. Do they grow out of this?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yep, they do grow out of it!! Sometimes it can take over a year, though. Enjoy the puppy antics.... you'll miss it when they get older!!

What I was told to do when they bite at your feet is to ignore them and keep walking. That way they are not getting your attention for doing this and it just isn't as much fun for them. I did this and it worked for me but in some ways I miss them trying to do it!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
So, do they grow out of chewing everything up? Tucker is "1" today and I'm really hoping he's gonna outgrow this. I can't even give him a doggie bed because he destuffs them in one day. So now he has to lay on towels in the floor while he's in the kitchen.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut and Tic both loved chewing on our feet as we walked. Tic loved chewing our new kitchen cabinets too :new_Eyecrazy: The bitter apple spray didn't work for us because Tic liked the way it tasted, but a couple drops of Tabasco sauce kept him away from the cabinets. They both out grew these habits. I would say the only biting/chewing habit they have left is trying to steal our socks right off of our feet. That's my fault though because I let them get away with it...it's just a fun way to start the day having sock fights with the boys

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by TuckersMom@Nov 8 2005, 10:58 AM
So, do they grow out of chewing everything up?  Tucker is "1" today and I'm really hoping he's gonna outgrow this.  I can't even give him a doggie bed because he destuffs them in one day.  So now he has to lay on towels in the floor while he's in the kitchen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117925
[/QUOTE]

Yes, it really gets better. Give him until about 1-1/2 and you should see a big difference!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 8 2005, 12:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TuckersMom
@Nov 8 2005, 10:58 AM
So, do they grow out of chewing everything up?  Tucker is "1" today and I'm really hoping he's gonna outgrow this.  I can't even give him a doggie bed because he destuffs them in one day.  So now he has to lay on towels in the floor while he's in the kitchen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117925
Yes, it really gets better. Give him until about 1-1/2 and you should see a big difference!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117978
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh boy!!! I can't wait. I'm so jealous of all the dogs with the cutesy beds and I want Tuck to have one so baaaaad!!! But the little booger just wants to eat it. And maybe, just maybe he will be able to have stuffed toys again some day. Woohoo...I hope, I hope...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Lovesabby@Nov 7 2005, 08:29 AM
Abby is our first maltese. She is adorable, but do they ever stop biting? She has even eaten the wood around the floor. Do they grow out of this?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117457
[/QUOTE]
Thank you all for letting me know that she will grow out of it.. I think she liked the fresh paint. Abby also ate up our blanket on the bed. So now, she gets to sleep on a blanet on the floor. I bought a new blanket. She chases our 4 yr old grand son and bites him where ever she can. She thinks it's a game that we are trying to get her out of.. One day, she will stop and we will have lots of things to laugh about..

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
We must have got the model child, Scooby has never bitten feet thank goodness because I would have hated to trip over him and so would have hubby. He did go throught the stage of biting our hands in play, but we found that if he had lots of chew toys etc. that soon went away.
I am happy to say he very rarely destroys anything, we can go out and leave him free in the house and he never touches anything nor makes a mess, he is such a good little boy.
I would say if the foot biting annoys you and it won't stop with ingoring him try putting him in an x-pen for time out when he does it with a sharp no along with his name until he learns what he is being put in there for. It may get the message across in time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Lovesabby+Nov 8 2005, 01:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lovesabby
@Nov 7 2005, 08:29 AM

Thank you all for letting me know that she will grow out of it.. I think she liked the fresh paint. Abby also ate up our blanket on the bed. So now, she gets to sleep on a blanet on the floor. I bought a new blanket. She chases our 4 yr old grand son and bites him where ever she can. She thinks it's a game that we are trying to get her out of.. One day, she will stop and we will have lots of things to laugh about..

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117995
[/B][/QUOTE]
Well, Abby also bites our hands. When I am walking and trying to ignore her, she will bite my calf and that really hurts.I wouldn't trade her for anything. She's the little girl I never had. I love doing her hair..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Lovesabby+Nov 8 2005, 07:40 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 01:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lovesabby

[/QUOTE]
Well, Abby also bites our hands. When I am walking and trying to ignore her, she will bite my calf and that really hurts.I wouldn't trade her for anything. She's the little girl I never had. I love doing her hair..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118111
[/B][/QUOTE]
Maltilda is adorable. How old is she now? Abby will be 1 yr old Jan 3,2006.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by Lovesabby+Nov 9 2005, 11:54 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 01:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lovesabby

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118111
Maltilda is adorable. How old is she now? Abby will be 1 yr old Jan 3,2006.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118290
[/B][/QUOTE]
Matilda is 6 months old.I will take some pictures she is growing fast, she weighs 4.8 lbs. Abby is so cute. How much does she weigh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.