Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Lamby to the vet yesterday,she just wasent acting herself.Nothing you could put a finger on, but I guess we are so intuned to our babies that we can tell if something is wrong. My vet. is out of town but the vet he hired was there( I didnt want to wait till he came back) She had never seen Lamby and said she has a bladder infection.I thought when they had this they wanted to go potty all the time but when they would go ,it would only be small amounts?So I was VERY supprised she had it.She also told me Lamby has a bad knee on the left & Very bad knee on the right.
My vet who has seen her several times has never said this. So as soon as he gets back Im taking her in to see what he says. So now Im worried about her knee's. But I just wanted to warn you all ,you dont always see the signs of bladder infections I guess.Poor girl ,I hope she doesnt hurt like we do when we have it

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
x
x
x
x

Hugs and kisses for a speedy recovery!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Being a diabetic, Lady is prone to bladder infections. I was also surprised that she could have one with no symptoms except that her blood sugar went up. I had one in my life and I was miserable! Most likely you caught Lamby's early on. Female dogs seem to be more prone to them because of their anatomy. I find with Lady that if I use wipes on her and keep the area clean, it helps a lot.

Did your vet grade Lamby's luxation? I hope she doesn't need the surgery but if her knees are "bad", sounds like she might.

Hope she's feeling better soon! What antibiotic did your vet prescribe?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She gave her CEFA TAB 100 MG 1/2 tab 2x day.I was so shocked that she said Lamby had bad knees I didnt ask her what grade. But as soon as my regular vet gets back Lamby will be going to him.We will see what he says ,I just really havent had anything to do with his "new" vet.We always see the owner and have for many many years.I trust him totally.So Im praying she was wrong on Lambys knees.
And thanks for the tip ,I will be wiping the area each time she goes from now on.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i hope lamby's knees are OK. seems kind of suspect that your vet never noticed/mentioned anything. either he's in the wrong, or the temp one was. hoping it was the second.

good luck.

·
Registered
894 Posts
So sorry to hear Lamby is under the weather.....disturbing about her knees. I agree with you, I always feel better talking to our "regular" Vet even knowing the 4 others in the office are good too....prayers for a quick recovery. By the way, her new picture is just adorable, she looks SSSOOOOO happy!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Sheila, I have just been using regular Cottonelle wipes on Lady, but JMM recommended these awhile back. I may order some when the Cottonelle runs out.

http://www.vetamerica.com/index.asp?PageAc...alaseb+Pledgets

I have also found that keeping the area well trimmed helps, too. As I say, Lady is prone to uti's because of her diabetes, though. Hopefully this is a one time thing for Lamby. If it isn't, you might want to consider adding a cranberry supplement.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jessica & Mel.Marj Thanks for the link.I keep her cut short anyway because of her history she will not tolerate any grooming.Its a shame she has a perfect "Maltese" coat.Very silky and doesnt matt.
No number of treats etc. will convence her that grooming is a good thing.But thats ok she is still my
and she looks very cute in a short cut I think!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts