Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know another non-maltese topic. But hey this time it isn't about makeup!

I'm thinking of buying a blender and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one? One that is good at chopping ice? I don't want to spend more than $100, preferably less.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 12 2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, I know another non-maltese topic.  But hey this time it isn't about makeup! 

I'm thinking of buying a blender and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one?  One that is good at chopping ice?  I don't want to spend more than $100, preferably less.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29305
[/QUOTE]

I would maybe suggest a smoothy maker... I have this one and love it

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 12 2005, 02:39 PM
Ok, I know another non-maltese topic.  But hey this time it isn't about makeup! 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29305
[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with talking about makeup?

Good question. My blender is old and it sucks. I need a new blender too!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I like the Smoothie maker ones too.. even though mine broke, it was still a great machine, I liked the way you could stir it around while it was blending.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm? I'll take a look at the smoothie blenders. I looked at them a couple of months ago but never bought one.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have one of those old-fashioned looking Waring blenders....they are supposed to be so good but I hate it! I wish it would break down so I could get a Kitchenaid.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have a decent blender...don't know what kind it is. We don't use it much. My hubby burnt up the last one making milkshakes. I will look when I get home to see the brand.
BUT, I will agree with Nicole that you really can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid. I don't know their blender price, but I have a stand/mixer thing...and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by tlunn@Jan 13 2005, 01:09 PM
I have a decent blender...don't know what kind it is. We don't use it much. My hubby burnt up the last one making milkshakes. I will look when I get home to see the brand.
BUT, I will agree with Nicole that you really can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid. I don't know their blender price, but I have a stand/mixer thing...and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29527
[/QUOTE]

They start at $100.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
We use the Bamix. It does everything... and I mean everything. I purchased a blender before the bamix and lets say it is sitting under the sick collecting dust.
My mother in-law has a bamix as well.

It crushes ice, makes smoothies,
I use it to make pancakes, fuffie eggs,
I used it to day to grind up my ingrediance for my herbal products body bath
It can grid up nutmeg . It chopping oinions
It is grate for mixing up cake mix..

It makes wonderful drinks
but it is known for making Whip cream ,maionaze and Ice cream. ( i don't buy these in the store anymore i make it in less then 5 min)

We paid 150 canadian. not sure how much that would be for you.

I also has and attachent for slicing things. my Mother inlaw has that part I just borrow the attachment for making apple pie.

What would take you 15min for a smothie would be like 3 min for the bamix.. no kidding.

www.bamix.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts