Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching through the posts here on SM I've come across some lovers and haters of both products. Let's make it official here.

Whichever product you check off, please list what exactly you use in your post (ie. detangling, nourishing, sensitive, etc.).

Tx

This'll help me make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I have my groomer use the detangling Bless the Beasts for Catcher who has mostly cottony hair and I use Pet Silk Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner on Kallie who has a more silky coat.

In between groomings, I use Proline rinseless shampoo on their faces and Ice on Ice or Pantene spray-on conditioner for brushing out the coat.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've been using PetSilk since I got Lexi in April 2004. I'm almost out of it and I'm thinking of trying Bless the Beasts next. I'm going to the AMA Nation Speciality in Sept. I want to wait and see what they have there.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I also use Bless the Beasts detangling and the nourishing,. I am a true fan of it Chelsey also has cotton hair it helps prevent matts and makes it easier for me to get them out if they do happen. I have never used petsilk so I'm not sure what it is like.. but can not go with our bless the best.

In addtion I also use proline rinse in between for clean ups and proline conditioner for whitening. These are my favioret product to use .

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I haven't used PetSilk yet. I started using Bless the Beast detangling (got from QVC) and it is absolutely wonderful. I can use the shampoo and not have to condition which saves time in the bath. I also use the fur polish (I think that is what it is called) or Pantene leave-in spray conditioner when I comb her. I tried the BTB spray/cologne stuff the other day and she smelled as if she had just had a bath.

I also have the Proline rinseless shampoo which I have only used on her paws once but it seemed to do a good job.

About the same time as I changed shampoos I also ordered an #1 Systems brush and a new greyhound comb. The new comb is soooo much better than the one I had bought at a local pet store. It makes a world of difference in combing her. The only grip I have about the comb is that it is too long.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Chelsey+Aug 22 2005, 03:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-paris
@Aug 22 2005, 04:09 PM
  The only grip I have about the comb is that it is too long. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93125
Me too why do they make them so long. Getting the right brush and comb make a big difference .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93138
[/B][/QUOTE]
I love my little comb I got at my local pet store. I think it was $10. It is a steel comb and is about the size of my palm. Perfect size for doing the face or even the body. I had a big comb but have only used it a couple of times.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i use petsilk moisturizing shampoo and creme rinse..the rainforest scent and the cologne I LOVE RAINFOREST SCENT!!!!
never had a problem with this shampoo.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I've tried so many, and Bless the Beast is best in my opinion. The boys never get mats and they smell clean (after rolling around outside) all week
Big plus for me is that a separate conditioner isn't necessary.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have tried both and I like the Bless the Beast. The Petsilk left a residue feeling on Lacey. Lacey has a nice coat but Bless the Beast worked best on her.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Aug 22 2005, 07:51 PM
I have tried both and I like the Bless the Beast.  The Petsilk left a residue feeling on Lacey.  Lacey has a nice coat but Bless the Beast worked best on her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93179
[/QUOTE]

It is way cheaper at QVC and you get a three pack deal were if you order direct you just get the shampoo. I also saved in shipping in canada from QVC and received it in 4 day.
Direct it took 2 weeks. I live in canada so in U.S I'm sure it is a lot faster

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I went to QVC and they do not appear to have the 3 pack deal any longer, maybe I wasn't looking correctly. I think they direct you to the Bless the Beasts web site because it appears the same. The fur polish is out of stock both places.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I never used petsilk... only bless the beast... i think it smells really nice! It does work... you just have to make sure to get it all out!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Petsilk products were melting Sylphide's latex bands and dissolving them into her hair, so I wondered what that might be doing to her brain and switched to Bless the Beasts, which we really like. Their coats look and smell wonderful.

I get them from the Rusty Dog and not QVC because I didn't want to register with QVC, and I wanted to pick and choose the products vs. get a pre-package. The url is http://www.therustydog.net/ The Rusty Dog

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I can't believe Pet Silk dissolves latex bands! That's pretty scary.

Thanks for the link to the Rusty Dog. The only problem with ordering from QVC is that the products aren't sold separately. I go through the shampoo much faster than the fur pomade.

That fur pomade is incredible on Lady's cottony coat!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I beleive I am going to be the lone person so far who is not using either product. I have been using for about 8 months now a great product I got from Pet Smart. Cardinal Gold Medal Pets, both the oatmeal shampoo and the cream rinse and I absolutely love it...since I have been using Teddy does not matt hardly at all. And the great part is that he does not itch any more which he was doing on other brands. Teddy normally gets a bath once a week, but this weekend did not and we went for our normal walk and he got 2 seperate comments on how white he is...and that is when I think he is dirty.

I also use baby shampoo on his face as I don't want to get this in his eyes...I am putting the links here so you can see the product if you are interested. I notice that these are about the same price as the other products and I never seem to get them on sale, but I love them

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1124805042465

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1124805698741

And I know you did not mention this, but I brush Teddy's teeth everyday which I beleive is also part of the grooming process...I use natural toothpaste for him. Link below.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1124805869476

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have always heard that it's not good to use human baby shampoo on dogs because the pH is too high. It can dry or strip a dog's coat and makes it tangle more.

Anyone else heard that?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.