Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

The product was created by Bo Derek the movie star. She love dogs and horses. My husband and I found a wonderfull dog store in oakville 20 min from Mississauga in Canada. I was desprestly looking for something to help with matting. I had to brush Chester or yorkie everyday or he would just matt up . Well we purchased it . It was the same price at the other stuff in the regual petsmart stores. I was like wowo when we tried it . First it smells great and that smell last a very long time. I can really say Chester was like the donkey that turned into the hourse in srek. I followed the directions All I did was brush him while I bathed him.

Only problem is we went back to the store and spoke with the owner. He said he was unable to get it from the distributor anymore. They will not deliver to Canada. So we ended up orderin it online.

He said everyone has been coming to the store just to get it. He suggested and other product that he had but, I will have nothing to do with it. I'm a dedicated customer.

Kind of Sad . Anyway it bottel last a very long time. We still have half of the bottle baught it in Febuary of this year.

http://www.blessthebeasts.net/btb_online.html

click on the link above . She has other wonderfull products listed. We use it on Chelsey our Maltese as well, I only brush her one or twice a week if she gets into a big mess outside. She loves to run throw the snow. No matts for her either. It's great.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 31 2004, 02:33 AM
Is it the fur polish pomade that you buy?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26509
[/QUOTE]

The one we use to get rid of the Matts is :

DETANGLING SHAMPOO
No more matted tangles of fur that make you and your dog run from the brush. With my specially formulated Detangling Shampoo, fur will undergo an amazing transformation from matted to luxurious.

It's really great I don't need to use anything else. They smell great and it leave there coat soft .

Oh yeah, it really makes me angry that they will not sell it here. I had to order it on line and pay shipping /handeling and pst and GST then some other post office fee. But the puppies are happy and so are we as we really don't have that much time for grooming anymore with crazy work.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Dec 31 2004, 03:14 AM
Doesnt that just tick you right off, about distributors not delivering here.  I have run into the same problem with items.  What gives??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26513
[/QUOTE]
Hi, the problem delivering to Canada is the duty. My company has shipped items to Canada and then the customer will hear how much the duty is and refuse the shipment and we're stuck with all charges. Also, there is a lot of paperwork that has to be filled out.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I think I asked everyone about this before on a shampoo thread...
I bought Bo Dereks shampoo and cond. for matts. It does work! It makes the fur very very fluffy after drying too! I dunno the difference between Bo Dereks or petsilk though...
I never used petsilk.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Kodie@Dec 31 2004, 12:08 PM
I think I asked everyone about this before on a shampoo thread...
I bought Bo Dereks shampoo and cond. for matts.  It does work!  It makes the fur very very fluffy after drying too!  I dunno the difference between Bo Dereks or petsilk though... 
  I never used petsilk.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26552
[/QUOTE]

I have never used petsilk so I cannot compair it.
What I do with chelsey when I give her a bath is brush her while the sampoo is in then rince in the same direction. Then I wrap her in a towel for 10 min and do not rub her hair. Then I dry her with the dryer in the same direction using my fingers or a brush.
I find using my fingers to seporate the hair works better for us. That's it for the week.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Jan 1 2005, 11:13 PM
Well, I just had to order it!  I'm such a product junkie, I just couldn't resist!  I'm really looking forward to trying it out on Tuffy! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26819
[/QUOTE]

Let me know how you like it, Mystify. I'm a product junkie, too, but am trying to be better.....!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope you all like it. It's the best shampoo I have ever used on them. I told my friend about it and she wants to try it on her own hair. I'm suppost to give her a sample.

I also order things line for the puppies what has helped me stop ordering is letting my husband hold the credit card. I really think about it and if it is valid then I will get the card from him.

So far I have only onder the shampoo, a carrier , the wizdog.. So that is very good for me in one year. The best part is I have not regreted buying any of them.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Jan 4 2005, 10:46 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Jan 4 2005, 08:43 AM
Too bad we don't all live closer and could share samples to try before buying. Think of the $$$ we'd save!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27439
No kidding! I have a few products I would love to have someone else sample and see if they get the same results.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27485
[/B][/QUOTE]
This other forum that I visit has a "Swap" board that you put up what you have available and what you are wanting to try and other people can pm you with their swap requests.. I wonder if we couldn't set up a system like that.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Mystify79+Jan 4 2005, 08:52 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2005, 10:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Jan 4 2005, 08:43 AM
Too bad we don't all live closer and could share samples to try before buying. Think of the $$$ we'd save!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27439

No kidding! I have a few products I would love to have someone else sample and see if they get the same results.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27485

[/QUOTE]
This other forum that I visit has a "Swap" board that you put up what you have available and what you are wanting to try and other people can pm you with their swap requests.. I wonder if we couldn't set up a system like that.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27655
[/B][/QUOTE]

I think that's a great Idea, I love to try some of the other shampoo's mentioned for chelsey's face. The absolutly shampoos looks good.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
That is a fabulous idea! I am due to order more Absolutely Natural shampoo in a couple of weeks and would be happy to share some samples. Those little travel bottles you can get at the drugstore would be a good size, don't you think?

1 - 20 of 124 Posts