Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
so in actuality a 2 day rental is a 7 day rental or u buy it...or am i reading it wrong?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
my parents had a bad experience with them also...they bought some card for one fee that gave them so many rentals...well they lost the card but they had proof in the comp that they bought the card, but they wouldnt give them another card. dont know if that makes ne sense...but they boycotted blockbuster, but now they dont really have a choice b/c blockbuster monopolized the town and thats all they have.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have had the same thing happen to me at Blockbuster...I find it interesting when I get my credit card statements and find all these mysterious "late" charges from them for movies that I returned either early or on time. And forget about arguing with them, they are always right. Luckily my parents have satellite so if I really want to see something I just wait a little bit longer and then mooch free movies off my dad!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been thinking of signing up for NetFlix. But I don't watch enough movies to justify the monthly cost.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Dec 14 2004, 12:46 PM
That is interesting...too bad we dont have one in our town, we just have a Movie Gallary. :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23021
[/QUOTE]

you must be rural like us...that is what we have too..
But, hubby used to work for Hollywood in another town, and he said Blockbuster was buying them out.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hmmm... Sounds interesting. We usually do our renting at Hastings or Hollywood video and both have pretty crazy late fees but the price to rent is cheaper than Blockbuster.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, Hollywood Video is cheaper. OR get pay-per-view. thats what i do.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I go to Hollywood video too! I pass by blockbuster to get there LOL.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I worked in a Blockbuster for 4 years (during college) and I don't rent from them b/c I know lots of crazy stuff goes on there (Lost movies and such). That being said...I was called sooo many bad names that I won't even repete b/c people had late fees
Customers can be so rude. If someone walked up and said "I have a late fee can I pay it" I would always work with them to at least cut it in half or take care of the whole thing, but if some one walked up yelling and cussing at me I would never take away the late fee and would just tell the manager to deal with them. You catch more flys with honey i guess

I do have netflix and would suggest it to anyone who loves movies. That was the bad part about leaving blockbuster...we got 5 free rentals a week so I missed them alot! But I am in grad school so I don't always have the time to watch them anyway.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well and just moved to the town i am in now and the blockbuster here messed up my late fees because the moves they were charging me for were due while we were getting hit by a hurrican anyways it came up to like $50 :new_Eyecrazy: i was just like umm well ok then called later when i had a calander sitting i front of me and had them credit my account for the money

I never used to have proublems before i moved because i rented so much (we dont have cable just rabbit ears) all the people who worked there knew me :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts