Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Bailey had some blood on the tip of his little man gland this morning. When he went pee it went away. There was no blood on the pee pad, though. I wondered if it was too much protein or something. I give him cottage cheese about every other day. Then I remembered there was some rubbing alcohol on the floor that he licked yesterday but I didn't think he swallowed. Maybe a little got inside of him. I'll just watch him. Has anyone else ever had this problem? He's as energetic as ever.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
We had that same experience with a male malt we took care of....if its the same thing, dont worry about it.
I'll let someone else explain, or I'll PM you
If no blood is in the urine, than lets just say it might be a manly thing....

Hope its not something else serious though...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Blood in the urine is not caused by eating too much protein and if you ever do see blood in the urine, he should be checked out right away because it could be one of several things that will need attention, such as a urinary tract infection.

I wonder if you actually saw blood or if, perhaps, it was the tip of his penis that you saw?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Oct 9 2005, 11:15 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 11:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Oct 9 2005, 11:12 AM

I wonder if you actually saw blood or if, perhaps, it was the tip of his penis that you saw?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107872

I was thinking the tip....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107873

[/QUOTE]

Well, as they say, "great minds think alike"!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107874
[/B][/QUOTE]
lol!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Oct 9 2005, 11:12 AM
Blood in the urine is not caused by eating too much protein and if you ever do see blood in the urine, he should be checked out right away because it could be one of several things that will need attention, such as a urinary tract infection.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107872
[/QUOTE]

I was also thinking the very same thing :D I guess there were a few of us with the same idea

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Females are more prone to uti's than males because of their anatomy. Bladder stones and crystals can also cause uti's.

Call your vet and see if you can bring a sample in today to be tested for infection. It's fast, easy and inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Bridge@Oct 10 2005, 10:29 AM
Do Maltese get urinary tract infections quite easily?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108025
[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering if maybe it was not blood that you saw, some people have gotten worried about that before and it was really just the red tip of the penis. It can look like blood if you look at it quickly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bailey's urinalysis was normal. The doctor was surprised how good the whole thing looked. Don't know what the blood was, maybe he had a sore there or something. Thanks for your replies. B.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Bridge@Oct 12 2005, 09:23 AM
Bailey's urinalysis was normal.  The doctor was surprised how good the whole thing looked.  Don't know what the blood was, maybe he had a sore there or something.  Thanks for your replies.  B.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108735
[/QUOTE]

That is great news,
I am so pleased there is nothing bad happening with Bailey and perhaps you are right he may just have had a little scratch or something there that has healed up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts