Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't she look pitiful, poor baby!! I have decided to keep Chloe cut short, so I cut her hair this morning and gave her a bath, turned on the blowdryer and it wouldn't work!!! EEK! She ran around for a long time and then just sat there and shivered. I had just put all of their dog clothes except for this sweater that is too small for her in the washer. She didn't care, she was soo cold. She took forever to warm up. I feel so bad. She didn't like her picture being taken under these circumstances too, can you tell? LOL

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Poor thing...wonder what was going through her mind.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
She has the same look that my Chloe does after I give her a bath. It is such a pitiful look, but I always tell her what a glamour girl she will be when it is all over.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, she looks cute, though.... I hope she got warmed up.... A thought if this happens again... maybe try putting some towels in the dryer to warm them up and then wrap her in them for a while ??

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
oh no
the very last bath I gave to my Holli, she ended up having some kind of hypothermia attack or something just between the bath and the blow dryer. She was shivering so bad I could hear her heartbeat out loud. I realize she wasnt healthy at the time but I think something really bad could have happened, these little ones cant take the cold.

I'm glad you got her all warm and toasty!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After I put her in her sweater I wrapped her up in a baby blanket out of the dryer, I did ger her warm but it took a while. I agree that they don't handle the cold. Chloe did shiver for quite a while and I was concerned about her. But she's find and dandy now.

I'm off to get a new blowdryer for her sake and mine, my hair is naturally curly and boy am I a mess too.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Poor little cold girl...glad she warmed up finally!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
One of the things we always keep an extra. Blow dryers are cheap, but for the doggie or the skin folk, we've been awful glad there was stashed. As soon as one is taken out to use, another one is placed in storage.

Samsonsmom

Now if she can just remember where she put it.......Sammie

·
Registered
285 Posts
OMG!

i would have never thought something like that would have actually happened to someone else.. but...
i had this one blowdryer that worked great, ALWAYS... and.. one day i took leise out of the bath and the blowdryer wouldnt even start! none of my neighbors were home to lend me their dryer either..
so i ended up wrapping her in 10 towels and just cuddled her to make her warm..

how weird though-- i never would have thought....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.