Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I like to read...especially in the summer when I can relax and read some for pleasure. I don't get that opportunity much in the school year...

Anyone a Nora Roberts fan?
I know I have probably read many of her books, as I love light romance/mystery novels...but I have a hard time remembering titles/authors/story lines after I put them down....

BUT, this trilogy of hers that I am reading right now is a fun read.
The first one was Blue Dahlia...and although I thought it was a little far-fetched once I realized it centered around a ghost....I got HOOKED! I couldn't put it down!
One of those that when it ended, I was completely left wanting more!
I could hardly wait until this summer when the sequel... Black Rose came out. It was equally as good...and although the story line and mystery is starting to be solved...I again am waiting on pins/needles until November when the final book is released!

Anyone else read these?
Are you as hooked as I am?

I also just finished an Emilie Richards book-Wedding Ring! It was AWESOME too!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've read some of her books. I love romance books! I'm like an addict.

I don't really pay attention to the authors. I just look for something that sounds good.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I love her books, right now I am reading "True Betrayals". I see this 2 books you are talking about and I was going to buy them, but then I see that it was about a ghost, and I am sorry but I am a chicken
My imagination is too active for that so I did not bought them, but I am sure they must be good. Do you like Debbie Macomber?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by SNOWY@Jul 27 2005, 11:14 AM
I love her books, right now I am reading "True Betrayals". I see this 2 books you are talking about and I was going to buy them, but then I see that it was about a ghost, and I am sorry but I am a chicken 
My imagination is too active for that so I did not bought them, but I am sure they must be good. Do you like Debbie Macomber?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=85002
[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have read any of hers...

The ghost part is pretty freaky at times...I don't even know if I believe in them...but this one freaks me out...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh I dont know if I believe in them or not, I guess yes, but they totally freak me out, even just reading about them.

Debbie got very nice series, normally they are also 3 books or so, the last one I read from her is called the "The shop in blossom street" or something like that, I totally loved it, there will be a 2nd part called something about the Yarn ball or something like that. They are very sweet, fast reading, and leave you with a nice feeling when you are done with them, wish you can know more about what happend after.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by SNOWY@Jul 27 2005, 11:26 AM
Oh I dont know if I believe in them or not, I guess yes, but they totally freak me out, even just reading about them.

Debbie got very nice series, normally they are also 3 books or so, the last one I read from her is called the "The shop in blossom street" or something like that, I totally loved it, there will be a 2nd part called something about the Yarn ball or something like that. They are very sweet, fast reading, and leave you with a nice feeling when you are done with them, wish you can know more about what happend after.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=85009
[/QUOTE]

Those are the kind I like...I will have to add her to my list of people to look for!
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I am a big Nora Roberts fan, but some of her books in the past year have been a little too "out there" for me. I'm glad to know that you have enjoyed these latest 2. Maybe I'll give them a try. I LOVED her series that had Sea Swept, etc. in it. They were the ones with the brothers on the Eastern Shore of MD. I also love Linda Howard. I read everything that she writes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have not read that series yet, but last month I read the "dreams" series, that is not the exact name, but is about 3 friends in the West Coast, with a resale store? I totally love that one.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I thnk i might have read one of two of hers but I can't remember. I love to read and I always have a book started. lol

I love Danielle Steel (but her books in the past 2 years are not what they used to be)
I love John Grisham. He is an amazing story teller. Haven't read a bad one yet.

I love Sophia Kinsella for just a laugh she is a hoot.

and Nicholas Sparks makes me cry but love every second of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts