Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this brand. I went to Petsmart yesterday, and there was a vendor selling this brand. Made by Blue Buffalo Co. All natural ingrediants. So far Sasha won't touch it.
I've had to start making food from scratch. I bought ground chicken and cooked some white rice, mixed it together and he loves it, so far.
He all of sudden has started staining around the eyes real bad. I've tried all the remedies, washing with warm water, hydrogen peroxide, corn starch to keep the area dry all to no avail. So I tried yesterday with the chicken and rice. We will see today how the tear staining goes.
He was on those small cans of dog food "CESAR" and I think this might be the problem. I kept dry food down all the time, Science Diet adult, this I switched him from the puppy food to the adult about a week ago. Don't know if it is a coincidence or the adult food, but that is when the real bad tear staining started. I also put him on distilled water, to see if that will help, and I trimmed the hair around the eyes real short, got rid of the discolored hair.
Anyhow, that's my story for the day, and I'll let you know how all these chanfes affect the eye staining, any tips from you are appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it has been 24 hours and the tear staining is a lot better. I added brocolli to the chicken and rice, and he loves it.
The poster was right I took the BLUE brand dog food back to Petsmart, and got a refund. He wouln't touch it. I'm sure it is very food food, but this maltese is VERY picky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.