Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I believe Motorola is the only company that makes them ?? It's the only one Verizon carries anyway. They have one for $99 that is supposed to be the best one... it is very small and the little "boom" just flips out and that turns it on.... That's the one I'm going to get when I get around to it.... It's very nice!

Kristi, do I remember correctly that you have the Moto Razr?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually there are tons of companies that make them: Motorola, Jabra, Plantronics, etc.

I was looking at the Motorola H700 which is the new version of the HS850. Not sure if I like it though. I fits over your ear and didn't feel that secure. I also tried the Jabra BT250v and that felt very secure. I think I would actually forget it was on. The H700 ranges from $110-120 locally. The BT250v is around $90.

I have the Samsung SCH-A950.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Actually there are tons of companies that make them: Motorola, Jabra, Plantronics, etc.

I was looking at the Motorola H700 which is the new version of the HS850. Not sure if I like it though. I fits over your ear and didn't feel that secure. I also tried the Jabra BT250v and that felt very secure. I think I would actually forget it was on. The H700 ranges from $110-120 locally. The BT250v is around $90.

I have the Samsung SCH-A950.[/B]
Maybe Motorola only makes them that works with BlackBerry which I had thought I might get or is the only one carried by my Verizon store because when I asked for the headset he said Motorola was the only choice I had.

I had the Samsung SCH-A650 which was a great phone but my contract was up so I got the Razr and I'm really loving it. I know what you mean about the way the bluetooth fits over the ear.. it doesn't feel secure but I think it really probably is. I'm glad to know that they have an upgraded HS 850. That was the model I was looking at. I'm glad I didn't get it now... I'd rather have the H700 if it is the latest. Since my phone is Motorola I like the idea of the bluetooth headset being the same brand for compatibility.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the H700 is the new one. Right now I have only found 2 places in town that carries it. In fact I went to the cheaper place at lunch to buy it and they were out! They said they only had the one that i saw on Saturday in. They should have more on Thursday. I think I might just get it. If I don't like it I can always exchange it for a different one.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yeah the H700 is the new one. Right now I have only found 2 places in town that carries it. In fact I went to the cheaper place at lunch to buy it and they were out! They said they only had the one that i saw on Saturday in. They should have more on Thursday. I think I might just get it. If I don't like it I can always exchange it for a different one.[/B]
It must be the "hot" one because I went to Motorola's site and they're out of it, too!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the H700 is the new one. Right now I have only found 2 places in town that carries it. In fact I went to the cheaper place at lunch to buy it and they were out! They said they only had the one that i saw on Saturday in. They should have more on Thursday. I think I might just get it. If I don't like it I can always exchange it for a different one.[/B]
It must be the "hot" one because I went to Motorola's site and they're out of it, too!
[/B]
It's new so of course its "hot"!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
My husband has the Motorola V330 phone with the bluetooth and he loves it!! He forgets that he is wearing the bluetooth headset.

I just got the Razr for Christmas (my son sells cell phones and he got it for me and gave it to me last night), and the only headset for that one is the bluetooth.

My son laughed and said, and I quote, "You have the movie stars dog you might as well have the cell phone to go with him!!"

What a character!!

Marie & Pacino

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My husband has the Motorola V330 phone with the bluetooth and he loves it!! He forgets that he is wearing the bluetooth headset.

I just got the Razr for Christmas (my son sells cell phones and he got it for me and gave it to me last night), and the only headset for that one is the bluetooth.

My son laughed and said, and I quote, "You have the movie stars dog you might as well have the cell phone to go with him!!"

What a character!!

Marie & Pacino[/B]
Which headset does your husband have?

·
Registered
307 Posts
i have the new motorola headset as well. i love it. the only "complaint" i have with it is if you are in a nosiy area, your caller will not hear you nor will you hear your caller.
aside from that, it's a keeper.

To make it feel secure once on your ear, you have to place in so that the "mouthpiece" is facing upwards slightly. The lower the 'mouthpiece' is, the looser it feels on your ear.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts

Marie & Pacino[/B]
I just got the Razr, too!! Isn't it the greatest!!! I love the slim size and great design ... It's so pretty!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have a motorola but not the rzr. I like it and would love to have it but really I love my phone and I have no complaints so really I have no reason to get the RZR except it is cool and new lol

I have tried several diffent headsets and hated many of them. I don't like the over the ear ones because it feels like it is going to fall off and then i'm all stiff and get a cramp lol. I hate the ones that go in the ear they are so annoying....

I use one just like I use at home for mine in the car and it is one of the over the head ones. i just hang it on my mirror when i'm not using it and it is like super cheap so no biggy to replace when it wears out it is only like 20 bucks. The cell phone store I go to told me the ones they had where the only ones that fit my phone but my son who was 4 at the time was messing with it and stuck the headset in it cause he knew it went to my home phone and figured all phones were the same...well I guess to a four year old they are anyway and it worked so I am hooked lol

I just get it at walmart.

Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

What a character!!

Marie & Pacino[/B]
Which headset does your husband have?
[/B]
The headset is the Bluetooth...that's what it is called the model is the Motorola HS820. He absolutely loves it.

Marie & Pacino

Marie & Pacino[/B]
I just got the Razr, too!! Isn't it the greatest!!! I love the slim size and great design ... It's so pretty!!

[/B]
Yes, so far I really do love it. I especially like the fact that when someone calls you can put their picture on it so instead of seeing the number or name coming up you see their picture!!

I have my husband hold Pacino for his cell phone number and Pacino's picture for home!! LOL...I am really into the pic thing!!

Marie & Pacino

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went out last night and got the Motorola H700. Not sure if I like it or not. My mom said she could hear me find but I had a hard time hearing her. The place I got it from has a 30 day return policy so I'm going to try it out for a week or so and then if I don't like it they said I could return it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I went out last night and got the Motorola H700. Not sure if I like it or not. My mom said she could hear me find but I had a hard time hearing her. The place I got it from has a 30 day return policy so I'm going to try it out for a week or so and then if I don't like it they said I could return it.[/B]
Kristi, did you end up keeping the H700? I was at Best Buy today looking for Bluetooth headsets and they had the H700, so I bought that one based on your info here that it was the newest one. I wouldn't have known that so I appreciate the info. Previously, I had been looking at the Verizon store and they had a terrible selection.

Gosh, it is soooo tiny that I have dropped it twice already. I hope it didn't hurt it! I haven't used it yet... I'm charging it now but I love the teeny size on the ear... For me, it fit just fine and was comfortable. I'm curious to hear your experience with it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I was looking at one the other day. does it make your life eaier... right now i only use blue tooth to transfer pictures from my phone. How does it work for the head set. I did not want to get it without finding out more.
The own i saw was a no name brand... our friend told us to make sure it has a name brand to it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I was looking at one the other day. does it make your life eaier... right now i only use blue tooth to transfer pictures from my phone. How does it work for the head set. I did not want to get it without finding out more.
The own i saw was a no name brand... our friend told us to make sure it has a name brand to it.[/B]
I got the Motorola H700. It is teeny tiny.... I love it!!! It does make life easier... no cell phone to hold! I'm big on brand names, too. My phone is Motorola so I thought I'd stick with the Motorola bluetooth just figuring compatibility would be perfect that way, even though I don't think it matters at all!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
The own i saw was a no name brand... our friend told us to make sure it has a name brand to it.[/B]
I got the Motorola H700. It is teeny tiny.... I love it!!! It does make life easier... no cell phone to hold! I'm big on brand names, too. My phone is Motorola so I thought I'd stick with the Motorola bluetooth just figuring compatibility would be perfect that way, even though I don't think it matters at all!
[/B]
Kristi... didnt you return this head piece.. or say it wasnt loud enough??!? I'm confused.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
[/B]
Kristi... didnt you return this head piece.. or say it wasnt loud enough??!? I'm confused.
[/B]
Maybe hers was defective. I'm an "old lady" and mine is as loud as I need it to be.....

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
QUOTE(Chelsey @ Feb 1 2006, 09:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=147386
<div class='quotemain'>
[/B]
[/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe hers was defective. I'm an "old lady" and mine is as loud as I need it to be.....
[/B][/QUOTE]
lol.. your NOT an old lady..
Have you tried it in the car driving?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts