Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Oct 24 2004, 08:51 PM
Though this blueing agent is probably the same as is used in dog shampoos that whiten it would make me uncomfortable using on my dogs. I don't use the whitening shampoo either.  Just an opinion.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13100
[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this, Vita. I cannot imagine using a laundry product on my baby. I would think different safety standards would apply for a shampoo for use on a live animal versus a laundry product.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Ditto. Anything that is marketed as a shampoo, even for dogs, has to be tested for safety in case it gets into the eyes. Even though, as Vita says, it's probably the same thing that goes into a whitening shampoo, why take a chance? You can get whitening shampoos from any Pet Store (Snowy Coat works well). I think "old ladies" used to use blueing on their hair because nothing else was available. Heck, in those days people used to use baby oil and iodine instead of a sunscreen!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 25 2004, 08:18 AM
Ditto. Anything that is marketed as a shampoo, even for dogs, has to be tested for safety in case it gets into the eyes. Even though, as Vita says, it's probably the same thing that goes into a whitening shampoo, why take a chance? You can get whitening shampoos from any Pet Store (Snowy Coat works well). I think "old ladies" used to use blueing on their hair because nothing else was available. Heck, in those days people used to use baby oil and iodine instead of a sunscreen!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13136
[/QUOTE]

Had MANY a sunburn...BAD SUNBURN from using baby oil and iodine...but it gives a good tan...

·
Registered
939 Posts
What about bluing for hair? I belive my mother in law uses something in a silver and pink bottle to keep her white hair very white! I haven't looked yet, but the comment from Vita got me thinking. I will look at the store and post if I find something.

I know Matrix makes a "blue" conditioner that is suppoed to mask the yellow brassiness in blond/bleached hair; maybe it would work if you were to diluted it with water and make a rinse out of it ???????

Judi

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.