Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Do any of you who are breeders or do showings know of the breeders in RI?

Maybe if you do, contact them and ask them to look at Emme...see if she is theirs. This little girl needs rescued :(

I try to stay away from this tread but it just breaks my heart.

Here Grace and Gus are going to get cupcakes today for their birthdays.... and for Christmas I have all their presents wrapped and ready to go.... And poor Emme is going to be at boot camp getting her neck pinched and jerked. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts

Maybe if you do, contact them and ask them to look at Emme...see if she is theirs. This little girl needs rescued :(

Here Grace and Gus are going to get cupcakes today for their birthdays.... and for Christmas I have all their presents wrapped and ready to go.... And poor Emme is going to be at boot camp getting her neck pinched and jerked. :(
Do you think the people involved in rescue would know if something could be done to help her?

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts

I

I was going keep mum on this one ... but, IF breeders truly care about what is happening to this little one ... then, I would so respect each and every one of our breeders (and, rescue workers) for speaking up ... just like Carina has done. I think it is so important to receive feedback from our professional breeders and rescue workers. In my eyes, staying silent on something like this ... seems to send a message that one thinks it is okay for what is happening to this helpless Maltese. Thank you, Carina, for stepping up to the plate.

All of our SM members here have given such thoughtful and honest feedback. My heart goes out to precious innocent Emme. I pray it is just my bad eyesight ... but, it looks to me like her little face and paws need to be washed. And, what about her teeth being cleaned every day ... is that being done? What is she being fed ... nutritious food? Gosh, she's not even spayed ... too young unless I have the dates wrong ... I don't even want to think what could happen to her in that regard. Can one view these poor dogs on camera twenty/four seven ... to see exactly what is happening? I have so many questions.

But, one thing I know for sure ... this guy needs to put out of business. It just a big money making deal for him.

I would never ever send my Snowball away to a place like that. It's OUR responsibility, when needed, to work together, with a reputable and certified trainer or behaviorist, with any issues that our precious fluffs might be having.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Just saw the FB postings by the "trainer." This is not a stuffed animal, this is our newest 5 week board and train dog who came to us without knowing a thing, and will leave a fully trained dog and With just 10 minutes to grab a quick lunch, I grab Emme and put her in Place while I prepare, eat and clean up my meal. Turn every opportunity of your day to make a great training opportunity, your dog is always learning, give them lots of great information and repetition to learn what you want them to do and not what they always want to do.
Kind of makes me ill. Emme didn't know a thing? Really? Within about an hour of getting Tyler he had already learned to sit. Another 5 minutes, lie down. Took on heal by himself. I don't even like the reference to "grabbing Emme" and I feel that trainer really means, Emme's put "in her place." When I get a meal and sit an eat it, my dog doesn't beg or bother me. He just lies under the table or in the room next door. I just didn't give scraps of human food. Gee, didn't take a prong collar to do any of that. I guess we have different ways of loving and teaching our dogs. I'll take Victoria Stillwell any day. To me you can't send away your family.

I taught Jodi to sit, paw etc, in less than 15 minutes too. If Jodi is watching me eat I say, "no baby" and he walks away. I don't have experience in training either. Maybe I have a very obedient dog but I didn't use negative reinforcement to make him listen. I agree, he learned that 'no' along with not getting any table food, meant he wasn't getting any food. I guess he's smart at math and put 2 and 2 together.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I have already posted on a Maltese exhibitor list asking if this was someone's puppy they had placed. Just very sad. Comments have been made on the fb pics but they are deleted just as quickly :(

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have already posted on a Maltese exhibitor list asking if this was someone's puppy they had placed. Just very sad. Comments have been made on the fb pics but they are deleted just as quickly :(
Thank you, Stacy. I have stayed out of this thread because everything I would say has already been said, but I kept thinking no reputable breeder would allow this to happen to her puppy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do any of you do Facebook? I don't have experience with it, but I am wondering if it would be a good way to get this dog some help. Maybe by passing the information to the rescues. I feel very sad for this maltese.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This is so sad like many I stay away but cannot believe the puppy is only 12 weeks how on earth could she leave a pup at 12 weeks surely she has just got her puppy!!!i panicked about what happened to daisy breaks my heart thinkin of this little one. Carina you have said some wise things on here. I hope emme will be ok.

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
Interesting questions. One more ~ are there regulatory agencies that oversee such trainers and credentials?

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
I have not posted to this thread, because I would be banned from SM if I expressed how I feel. I have blocked posts from the OP, because I fear I will loose control. This is perhaps the most horrible thread I have seen on this board. Why on earth would a person who believes strongly in fear and punishment training even join a forum called Spoiled Maltese?

I wish there were a Maltese Protective Service Agency we could call.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Thank you Carina and Stacy. Good to hear a breeders perspective and getting involved. :))
I am not surprised he is deleting the FB messages, I am sure that they would not have been pleasant, and not shown his facility in good light. So many things wrong with this situation. Tooo long on a treadmill, too rigid, too domineering. Too many dogs and people around to truly pay proper attention. It is all just so wrong. :angry:

I am sure that both the OP and the "trainer"!!! got a lot more than they bargained for with this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
What is his FB?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Solid K9 Training. You need to see his videos on YouTube too. But I could only watch the first one & one on treadmills, then couldn't stomach any more after thinking about how those dogs must feel. Sure, they may LOOK calm and normal, but think about what the collars are doing to them and how exhausted he's made them to get them that way. .

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have not posted to this thread, because I would be banned from SM if I expressed how I feel. I have blocked posts from the OP, because I fear I will loose control. This is perhaps the most horrible thread I have seen on this board. Why on earth would a person who believes strongly in fear and punishment training even join a forum called Spoiled Maltese?

I wish there were a Maltese Protective Service Agency we could call.
I completely agree with you. Trust me, I have held back on everything I would like to say. There may not be maltese protective service agency, but there are groups that do look out for the welfare of animals. Maybe if we can get the word out on what's happening someone will know exactly what can be done.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.