Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mia amd Mateo we’re 14 years old. They have been together since they were 14 Months old.
Mia got very sick and died last week. As I am heartbroken but know it was best for her. Mateo is missing her a lot. He howls if I leave him in his play area, all he wants to do is be with me.
Has anyone experienced this? I know it’s only been a week, so I am hoping in time he will be able to be alone.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Pets grieve more than we realize---most esp. a bonded pair. I would advise taking him EVERYWHERE you go, even up & down stairs, etc. Give him time to adjust!! I am so sorry you lost your baby! Please let us know how it goes. You will be in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank
Pets grieve more than we realize---most esp. a bonded pair. I would advise taking him EVERYWHERE you go, even up & down stairs, etc. Give him time to adjust!! I am so sorry you lost your baby! Please let us know how it goes. You will be in my prayers.
thank you so much for your thoughts and sentiments. I think your right so I’m doing just that. Mateo is attached to my hip!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot help you but I wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for your loss. 🧡
Thank you for responding I appreciate your sentiments. It’s really hard for both of us. I have to remember how she suffered in the end and I wouldn’t want her to suffer anymore

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I am so sorry that you lost your precious Mia and I can attest that (as Sandi posted) do grieve when a Pet passes away. Our Chrissy (Malt) passed away at the end of our October and our Cat Toodles really has felt her loss since then.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,083 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
Guinevere
1,242 Posts
I am so sorry for you and Mateos loss.
It is soooo hard.
I am happy you had a long life together.
Still a heartbreak ,I understand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mia amd Mateo we’re 14 years old. They have been together since they were 14 Months old.
Mia got very sick and died last week. As I am heartbroken but know it was best for her. Mateo is missing her a lot. He howls if I leave him in his play area, all he wants to do is be with me.
Has anyone experienced this? I know it’s only been a week, so I am hoping in time he will be able to be alone.
I will tell you it does get easier. I had two dogs and a cat and in 2000 our cat passed away. Our two dogs mourned his dealth so severely that they kept looking for him all over the house for quite some time. These 2 dogs were not related but were very close. Kelsey basically raised Bella. Kelsey was 2 at the time we got Bella. Kelsey loved being a Mom to Bella. Fast forward to 2009 and day Kelsey had had enough and took a nap and never woke up. We decided to take Bella with us when we took Kelsey to the Pet Urgent Care. Hoping that Bella would understand that her big sister was not coming home. That plan did not work out so well. She missed her sister so much that when the first snow fell we had to go out and dig a figure 8 which is something Kelsey always did for her. Bella did survive another 2 years before she had a stroke and passed away. The moral of this story is yes it will get better. It will just take time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can’t give you any advice and I don’t know what to say other than I’m so very sorry you lost your little baby girl. Hugs. (And dog kisses from Sugarplum)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts