Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for so many "food" questions, but I am cooking those medallions that are supposed to be served raw, but can be cooked (they are just the meat/veggie/fruit mix). I will be steering away from dry food and feeding a primarily cooked diet, and was wondering if I needed to give them bone beal, and if so where do I get it.

I am also adding the Digest All Plus from Wholisitic Pet. I do plan on getting a book, but just want to make sure they dont need anything else.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
According to the Pitcairn's book there are three types of bone meal. The one they call category 1 is only calcium. Category 2 is calcium and a little Phosphorus. Category 3 has 2 cacliums for every 1 Phosphorus. In most of their recipes you use a category 3 bone meal. They recommended Solid Golds bone meal. You can go to the Solid Gold website and do a store search for a store in your area. I really couldn't find it any cheaper on the internet. The price would be less but when you added in shipping it was maybe only a dollar cheaper.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 13 2005, 06:42 AM
According to the Pitcairn's book there are three types of bone meal.  The one they call category 1 is only calcium.  Category 2 is calcium and a little Phosphorus.  Category 3 has 2 cacliums for every 1 Phosphorus.  In most of their recipes you use a category 3 bone meal.  They recommended Solid Golds bone meal.  You can go to the Solid Gold website and do a store search for a store in your area.  I really couldn't find it any cheaper on the internet.  The price would be less but when you added in shipping it was maybe only a dollar cheaper.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99114
[/QUOTE]

Thank You! I think since Bone is an ingredient in the medallions that I wont need to add it, but Im glad to know where just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts