Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">I recently purchased bonemeal and I am not sure exactly what to do with it. Am I supposed to add it to the food while its cooking or am I supposed to add it after on Peaches's plate

I know that bonemeal is for clacium, can I just use the pet tabs calcium formula as a source of calcium?
(I hole this makes sence to you guys
)</span>

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Why do you need to give extra calcium? I know with people it is necessary but I had not heard about it being necessary for dogs ???

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
If you are home cooking, you should add it to the food after it is cooked and mix in the proper amount for the recipe.

If you feed home cooked, you are feeding meat without bone so you have to add calcium to have a balanced calcium:phos ratio.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are home cooking, you should add it to the food after it is cooked and mix in the proper amount for the recipe.

If you feed home cooked, you are feeding meat without bone so you have to add calcium to have a balanced calcium:phos ratio.[/B]
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">thanks JMM
I was so confused but now I know what to do
</span>

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts

If you feed home cooked, you are feeding meat without bone so you have to add calcium to have a balanced calcium:phos ratio.[/B]
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">thanks JMM
I was so confused but now I know what to do
</span>

[/B]
Ahhh, so it is for home cooked meals only? Good... I was afraid I was neglecting something!! I should have noticed where you said "while it is cooking"... duh!! JMM is such an asset to this board, isn't she!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts