Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure it is alright to post about this but since I wasn't sure I figured I would.
I spoke with Bonnie Palmer yesterday, just to keep in touch and she told me that she will have 3 retirees available, 2 females and 1 male.
She is NOT selling them, she is just looking for good homes for them.
If anyone is interested give her a call and you can tell her Iris posted on SM about them.
All I can tell you about her pups is through my own experience with Sasha.
Sasha is the dogs of my dreams, in looks, and personality as well.
And my experience with Bonnie is that is a sweet caring woman, who is always available when ever I need her.
I hope her pups find loving homes.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Iris, thank you for letting us know. I love Bonnie's babies. There are a number of Angels on this board, and they are all so beautiful. :wub: :wub: :wub: Whomever adopts her retirees is very fortunate.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Boy if I wasn't married and the decision to get another was my own, I would be calling Bonnie so fast her head would spin. ((sigh))

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Are you sure there is no fee associated with adopting them? Most breeders spay or neuter their retirees, update shots, get dentals, etc. before placing them in in new homes as pass those costs onto the new owner. The usual fee is somewhere around $500 give or take.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Sue i hear ya! I wish i could get another one. Maybe i'll go make my husband breakfast and sweet talk him. :innocent:

I called and left a message. I didn't even have to cook breakfast in fact he's making me a cup of coffee right now. I was telling him about the pups and just kept smiling when i was telling him about them.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Good luck to you in getting one......if I were you, I would keep calling Bonnie. She is hard to get ahold of sometimes and she may get your message and she may not........

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I called and left a message. I didn't even have to cook breakfast in fact he's making me a cup of coffee right now. I was telling him about the pups and just kept smiling when i was telling him about them.
Shame on you, resorting to bribing a man with food!! What ever will you think of next! :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Debbie - want to switch husbands? :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Mine adores Tyler but thinks that's enough responsibility (along with our DS) for now. And as far as a cooking bribe, I was working late last night in CT and my DH made dinner for us -- Brisket and Potato Pancakes for Yom Kippur! And he isn't even Jewish:) So he's a keeper despite the one wife, one dog policy.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh how wonderful!!!! I hope you get one. Keep calling like Diane said.:aktion033::aktion033:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Shame on you, resorting to bribing a man with food!! What ever will you think of next! :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
Give me time and i'll think of something else! :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
I lucked out and didn't have to cook breakfast and he made me a cup of coffee. :)

Debbie - want to switch husbands? :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Mine adores Tyler but thinks that's enough responsibility (along with our DS) for now. And as far as a cooking bribe, I was working late last night in CT and my DH made dinner for us -- Brisket and Potato Pancakes for Yom Kippur! And he isn't even Jewish:) So he's a keeper despite the one wife, one dog policy.:HistericalSmiley:
Sue, that sounds like something my husband would do, we have great husbands! :)
Oh how wonderful!!!! I hope you get one. Keep calling like Diane said.:aktion033::aktion033:
I'll call again, i just feel like i'm bothering her if i keep calling.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Debbie,
Good luck I hope you get one of Bonnie's adorable babies. Let us know!!
I agree keep calling her!!!!

Marj,

I didn't go into the particulars with her because my husband is like Sue's, one pup at a time, but I do know she told me to say that they are not for sale, they just need good caring homes. I do not know anything about the spay/neuter, sorry.

Iris

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Are you sure there is no fee associated with adopting them? Most breeders spay or neuter their retirees, update shots, get dentals, etc. before placing them in in new homes as pass those costs onto the new owner. The usual fee is somewhere around $500 give or take.

Keiko was totally free from the breeder. The breeder left it up to me to get her a dental when/if she needed it. She was already neutered.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I have called 3 times and left 3 messages, i feel like i'm being a pest. I have wanted one of Bonnie's babies since i've first seen them on this forum. If it's meant to be i'll hear back from her and if it's not i'm sure there will be another time that one will be available. All i have to say is keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer. :prayer:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Debbie -- She'll call you back. It may be a few days, but she'll get back to you. Hope you mentioned Iris' name on the call. She will get back to you sooner if you did.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Debbie -- She'll call you back. It may be a few days, but she'll get back to you. Hope you mentioned Iris' name on the call. She will get back to you sooner if you did.

The first 2 messages i mentioned Iris's name and i don't think i did the last message. Can somebody put in a good word for me? :unsure: I work tomorrow so i'll try calling at my lunch break and when i get off from work, if i don't hear from her by then.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts