Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best books about Maltese? I don't plan to breed or show if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
240 Posts
One of my favorite maltese books is "The Maltese: Diminuitive Aristocrat" by Vicki Abbott. I also have a copy of "The Irrepressible Toy Dog" by Darlene Arden that is very good...it is not specific to maltese but it gives a nice overview of toy breeds in general.

I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions, but I think the above two books would be a good addition to your library. JMO.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
There are soo many good books that I have about maltese from Amazon. ok heres the list:

1. The Essential Maltese
By Howell Book House

2. Maltese A Complete Owner's Manual
By Joe Fulda

3. Maltese
By Vicki Abbott

4. The Complete Maltese
By Nicholas Cutillo

5. The Maltese
By Bobbie Linden

Those are some of the books I have on maltese and I would have to say that number 1 and 3 are my favorites, just my opinion though, hope the list helps!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
5. The Maltese
By Bobbie Linden

You might want to go to Bobbie Linden's site and read all the good information there. She died about a year ago, but some of her friends keep her site going.
It's Bei-Jei Maltese. One of her last dogs, Tommy, is still showing. He had a Best in Show last weekend or the weekend before.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I love the Bhe-Jei Maltese site! I always go there for the maltese puppy stages of growth, I was sooo sad to hear about Bobbie Linden, I didnt know that until I read that in another post today

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I love the Vicki Abbott book, she is so specific and its breed specific. I have some other books, but I feel like they just used the same book for every small breed and then slapped a pretty picture on the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts