Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, summer is here! I took the girls out for their morning stroll and now they are covered in grass stains:smpullhair:. I sure hope they wash out. Anyway, I was thinking about trying booties on the girls. Dixie has a nice pair that I never use. The boogers set me back $80. She hates them. I saw in the pet supply store some booties that look like balloons. They are light weight so may be less bothersome to our furrbutts. I was wondering if anyone has tried them and if they matted the fur? I have to do something to keep the fur cleaner.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes i always use boots or something to cover the feet. I don't like the stains plus you don't know what they might walk in where other dogs and people have been. I use both. I have the boots with the hard botton and i use the balloons. I have decided to know some booties to fit sugar and line them inside with white garbage bags. I thought that might feel good to the paw. I would suggest you get alittle bigger booty if you are going to use balloons, because i have found out that they are much smaller than the size you buy in a reg bootie. Hope this helps, and you are not alone, i can't stand her feet to be on the ground. lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
knit some booties sorry for the mispelling. I have not had a problem with the fur matting. I have been using these for 2 years now. Let us know if you find out something else.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
knit some booties sorry for the mispelling. I have not had a problem with the fur matting. I have been using these for 2 years now. Let us know if you find out something else.
Are you saying knit booties work? If so, did you buy them? I can't knit.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would dog socks accomplish my goal and stay on during walks? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know if they work or not but i am sure going to give them a try. Knit them myself is what i was thinking but hey if the socks work than good idea. Their feet still would get wet. hummm i am sure someone will come up with something. lol

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
What a great idea...they don't slide down? And what about the sock wearing out or shredding after the walk? We walk for 30 minutes a day, don't know if they would hold up...nylon or cotton?

I use newborn baby socks! Bailey wouldn't walk in shoes. The socks work perfectly and she doesn't have a problem walking in them. I haven't had any matting at all with them and they are easy to just throw in the wash to clean :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I use newborn baby socks! Bailey wouldn't walk in shoes. The socks work perfectly and she doesn't have a problem walking in them. I haven't had any matting at all with them and they are easy to just throw in the wash to clean :)

ooo wow i have to try those!!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
What a great idea...they don't slide down? And what about the sock wearing out or shredding after the walk? We walk for 30 minutes a day, don't know if they would hold up...nylon or cotton?
I bought them from Walmart. They are much cheaper than doggie socks and shoes so when they wear out I throw them away. I got the newborn size and they fit snug on Bailey's feet and don't slide at all. You could try to find a preemie size if your pups feet are smaller. I even used them when we were in the snow to keep it from sticking to her feet and they stayed on and actually kept her feet pretty dry too! I'm not sure what they are made of but here is a pic of a pair similar to what I have only mine don't have the band that folds down.
Socks.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I've used baby socks but they do not seem to stay on Hunter's feet. You do need to be careful with them as they do not offer a lot of traction on slippery surfaces.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts