Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
My husband and I,along with one of John's partners and his wife, are attending an Oral Surgery conference in Boston in mid September. Right now our plans are to fly into Boston on Friday, Sept 16 and rent a car and drive to Hyannis. We'll be staying at the Hyannis Four Points Sheraton Friday night and then will take one of the ferrys to Nantucket Sat. morning. We have reservations at the Roberts House Inn for 2 nights. We may ferry over to Martha's Vineyard on Sunday to look around. We have all been to Boston, but none of us have been out to the Cape or the Islands. Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do or places to eat? We'll meander back to Boston on Monday, and check into the Sheraton for the rest of the week. We adore Boston, especially the restaurants in the North End. Still, if anyone has particular suggestions, we'd love to hear them. Kathy and I are going to Newport on an all day tour on Wed. and we are also doing a tour of 3 private homes on Beacon Hill (and a tea) on Friday. We plan to shop the other two days. If any of you are very familiar with this part of the country, please feel free to make suggestions and offer advice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Aug 13 2005, 01:48 AM
Hey everyone,
My husband and I,along with one of John's partners and his wife, are attending an Oral Surgery conference in Boston in mid September.  Right now our plans are to fly into Boston on Friday, Sept 16 and rent a car and drive to Hyannis.  We'll be staying at the Hyannis Four Points Sheraton Friday night and then will take one of the ferrys to Nantucket Sat. morning.  We have reservations at the Roberts House Inn for 2 nights.  We may ferry over to Martha's Vineyard on Sunday to look around.  We have all been to Boston, but none of us have been out to the Cape or the Islands.  Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do or places to eat?  We'll meander back to Boston on Monday, and check into the Sheraton for the rest of the week.  We adore Boston, especially the restaurants in the  North End.  Still, if anyone has particular suggestions, we'd love to hear them.  Kathy and I are going to Newport on an all day tour on Wed. and we are also doing a tour of 3 private homes on Beacon Hill (and a tea) on Friday.  We plan to shop the other two days.  If any of you are very familiar with this part of the country, please feel free to make suggestions and offer advice.

Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90091
[/QUOTE]

Hey!!!! You can come see me and while youre at it, you can bring me a dog!!! (lol) Well, I know alot about Boston but not the Cape, I've only been there once. I'll find out some more informationabout it and report back to you.

Ok, I found this

http://capechoicerestaurants.homestead.com/

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I love the Museum of Fine Arts. I also love Newbury Street. The few resturaunts I know are Federalist (I think that's the name), Felicia's (in the North End, if it's still there), Durgen Park (across from Quincy Market). It has been ages since I've been to the Cape or the Vineyard. I love Harvard Square...tons of shops and fun places to stop. The Science Museum is also interesting. If you have a chance, take a trip to Salem and tour the House of Seven Gables. The witch-hunt history is so interesting. And Salem has some lovely shops as well. It kind of reminds me of Annapolis.

I did find this link that might be helpful: http://www.concierge.com/destination/bosto...tionName=Boston

1 - 4 of 4 Posts