Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went looking at cars yesterday (not planning on buying yet though). I ended up buying a 2005 Chevy Malibu. The sticker price was $20,455. I ended up getting it for $13,155.22. That did not include tax, title and registration, which was another $1020. So I got a brand new $20000 car for a little over $14000. Dang that was a good deal!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
kewl...boy r u having a good week!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I got a new car also, not as good of a deal as you, I got it for about $4000 less than sticker. I got a Nissan 350Z roadster convertable. Can you say mid-life crisis
. I turned 40 this year and my husband is just amazed that I bought it as I never do anything like that and I did it all on my own he had nothing to do with it. Boy do I feel young driving it
. You are having a great start to the new year early, congrats on the car and the raise, yahoo........

Now if I could just get the raise to pay for my toy
haha.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Elegant@Dec 29 2004, 11:52 AM
Wow...what's you secret...a bit of wheelin' and dealin'?  That is a load of money!!!  Is it because it is end of the year sales?

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26060
[/QUOTE]

My mom and I test drove the car and then talked to the guy. I told him that I had to leave yet that day to go back to Des Moines. We asked him to give us his lowest price. Without blinking an eye he dropped $1500. On top of that there was $2000 rebate, $1000 finance bonus, & $500 value coupon. That brought it down to $15,500. My aunt and uncle have a GM credit card and had $2344.78 in GM credit. They put me on their account and I was able to use the GM credit. That brought the price down to $13155.22. They told me tax, license and registration would be $1020, but I just got back from the court house and it was only $850.76. So I have $169.24 to pay back to the loan.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WOW!

2happymalts--Is your Nissan a stick shift? I told my bf we should get that car next, but he says no because I cant drive stick and it's not worth getting a sporty car if it's not stick shift

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 29 2004, 05:43 PM
WOW!

2happymalts--Is your Nissan a stick shift?  I told my bf we should get that car next, but he says no because I cant drive stick and it's not worth getting a sporty car if it's not stick shift
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26126
[/QUOTE]

That's not true...you can get a sports car that's automatic. I had the VW GTI which is the turbo and it was stick and it drove me crazy. Here in Miami the traffic is outrageous so driving stick was HORRIBLE. I traded it in and got a BMW that's automatic...what a difference...I love it!

I know people that love stick (I used to) but honestly, why do the work when the car can do it for you
Yeah, you can control the speed and stuff a little better but for me it's not worth the hassel.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 29 2004, 04:43 PM
WOW!

2happymalts--Is your Nissan a stick shift?  I told my bf we should get that car next, but he says no because I cant drive stick and it's not worth getting a sporty car if it's not stick shift
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26126
[/QUOTE]
I would have to say that is a guys way of thinking...
When i was going to get my car... my bf said you BETTER NOT be getting that sports car in automatic! "What a waste of money!"... Needless to say.. i DID get the manual trans. and he taught me stick shift. I would have to say... I DO NOT regret it at all! I wouldnt get any other car but a sports car in stick shift though... only cars with POWER. Otherwise its just a pain in the A%#!

·
Registered
323 Posts
We got it in an automatic but the Enthusiast Model which we got(top of the line) has where you can do a manual shift of high and low if you want to romp/race it. So it is the best of both worlds. I absolutely love it, we checked out the BMW Z4's the boxters, the Mercedes 2 seaters the audi 2 seaters, and several others and out of all of them this was the one that we both enjoyed. We are not tiny people and this car has ample room for us to be comfortable in-my hubby is 6ft and body builder type and he has plenty of room...and trust me it has plenty of pick up and go even in the automatic mode---my oh my........
I am to old to deal with a stick shift
I would highly reccommend this car to anyone.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats lexismom
I love new car smell ! the best of luck its so nice driving a new car though we 3 kids i have a 2002 mini van
but one day i will get a coooolll car
~ Denise

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Dec 29 2004, 08:30 PM
  Congrats lexismom 
  I love new car smell ! the best of luck its so nice driving a new car though we 3 kids i have a 2002 mini van 
  but one day i will get a coooolll car
  ~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26172
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a mommy mobile too!!!! (2000 minivan)I like being able to haul my kids, their friends, ball stuff etc...without having to worry about room...but I will be glad when I can get a "cooler" version...ha ha..

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
congrats on the car
my wife wants a new pontiac g6, i guess we'll start looking soon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts