Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Description
Your dog has something to tell you! Enjoy a closer relationship with your dog with Bow-Lingual. This amazing system receives, analyzes, and translates your dog's bark into six emotions.
Loaded with functions to encourage a happy relationship with your dog.

Bark Translation
Analyzes your dog's barks to determine which of six emotions it is feeling: happy, sad, frustrated, on-guard, assertive, and needy. The Bow-Lingual then displays a phrase matched to the emotion to represent what your dog might say if only he could speak.
Body Language
A guide to interpret your dog's behavior to help you teach and care for your dog.
Data Analysis
Maintains a record of the 100 most recently analyzed barks for your reference.
Home Alone Mode
Monitors and records your dog's barks and emotions for up to eight hours while you are away.
Ten Training Tips
Useful training tips on subjects such as toilet training and chew training your dog.
Medical Reference
Medical checklist to help you keep your dog healthy. The content is provided by Dr. Tamara Shearer DVM and author of three books, including Emergency First Aid for Your Dog and The Essential Book for Dogs Over Five.
Set Up
Calibrates Bow-Lingual to the breed of your dog. More than 80 of the most common breeds in the United States are pre-programmed and other breeds, including mixed breeds, can be registered by size of dog and shape of snout.
The Bow-Lingual is the result of many years work by experts in acoustics and animal behavior. The core Animal Emotion Analysis System (AEAS) was developed by Dr. Matsumi Suzuki of the Japan Acoustic Laboratory. Dr. Suzuki analyzed more then 5,000 voiceprints of dog barks and, in consultation with animal behaviorists, assigned each voiceprint to an emotional category. Dr. Suzuki discovered that dogs typically express six emotions with their barks--happy, sad, on-guard, frustrated, assertive, and needy. A database of phrases was then developed to translate these emotions into English.
Let Bow-Lingual help you understand what your dog is trying to tell you!

On Sale For $19.99

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
are you sure its only $20???/ i got it for xmas last year and it was $120!!

anyway, its sorta boring, but cute. says the same stuff over and over.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i thought it used to be more expensive too...but more like in the 50's guess no one was buying it..except for whoever bought it for u dr cathy lol j/k

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hmmmm... I like that it has the "Home Alone" mode that records the dog's barking because I've always wondered if Tuffy barks a lot when I'm gone.. I may try that!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I wonder if Fantasia barks when we are gone too. I have asked my neighbors (I live in an apartment complex) but they all say that they never hear her. I can't see her NEVER barking when we are away because if we are here in the livingroom and she is sleeping in her bedroom she hears something and comes out barking. I figure if she hears something outside when we are gone she barks but I am not sure.
I don't think I would spend $20 to find out though. It does sound like a cute toy but I don't think I would pay more than $10 for it. I remember when it was over $100 and I thought it was crazy!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I saw it at tuesdays mornings for like $15 a few months ago i almost bought ti becuase it thought it was funny but then i found some cute chew toys and bought those instead

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 8 2004, 07:03 PM
By the way, I truly believe in dog accents.  Noodle was flabbergasted when he first met dogs in America.  It really was like he had no idea what they were saying and he was so much more comfortable when we came back to Korea.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21446
[/QUOTE]

hahaah that is soo cute !!!!!!!!

i wonder if american dogs smell differently too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well... I have you all beat! I got it at KB Toys a few weeks back for $9.99! I thought it was cute and had heard about it, so when I saw it I just had to get it. I will let you know how it works... !

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I finally got the Bow-lingual and it's really cute and silly. The translator "analyzes" your dog's bark and then tells you what they are trying to say. I'd say it was fairly accurate to what I took Tuffy's barks to mean. I really, really liked the "Home Alone" mode where it records barks for up to 8 hours. We left Tuffy home alone for a couple of hours on Saturday and when we got back the Bow-lingual showed that he barked for a few minutes when we first left and not again until we got home! So to me, it paid for itself right then because it let me know that Tuffy doesn't bark when I'm not home!
It's not something I'd typically leave on Tuffy for a super long period of time because it's a little bulky and he was a little peeved at me when I put it on him. But for short little bits of time, it's fun! And the microphone part fit on his harness so you don't need a collar to use it.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats totally awesome!! it always shows that sprites cussing all the time. LOL. and he doesnt need to wear it. i had it on the coffee table and it was still able to read everyone.
im soo happy you're having fun with it!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts