Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all the bows I see on your fluffs. But at what age can you start putting them in their hair. I'm getting my Maltese puppy this Fall and would like to order some bows for her, but will a 12 to 14 week old puppy have enough hair? If so, what size would you get? I love Marj's bows-would her smaller size work do you think? What age were your pups when they started wearing bows?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine is 12 weeks and I do try to put bows in her hair. But it's too short and you have to put it sort of down on her forehead, and they fall out easily too.

However my friend looked at her and said she had been shaved all over at some point. Her muzzle looks it, you can see the lines. But I didn't realize her whole body had been. Maybe that's why her hair is short.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Doggiebowties.com have a great size for little puppies 5/8 x 7/8. For my 10 month old puppy, I use doggiebow.com 5/8" Flat Back Dog Bow and the 1/2" Satin Single Show Puppy Bow. If you order from doggiebowties.com be prepared to wait 12 weeks. Doggiebow.com is quicker. They are both great quality.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Milo started wearing bows at around 16 weeks I think.

He has all 5/8 bows - the single looped ones are better for puppies.

I have a lot of bows (around 150) and Marj's ones are one of the best quality and best price!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Marj at M'lady's dog bows can make whatever size you need. There likely won't be enough hair at 12 weeks. Marj is a member here and SM Vendor .. Ladysmom .. and her bows are fab!

M'Lady's Dog Bows

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you, for all the suggestions. I'll check them out- looks like she would have enough hair just in time to wear some of the cute Christmas bows!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts